- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘I enjoy the busy period’ [Video]
- Eliaquim Mangala shows off his silky skills with rainbow flicks at Manchester City training [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle: ‘Standing down would be the honourable thing for Dave Whelan to do’ [Video]
- Skills! PSG’s Javier Pastore pulls off (effective!) Rainbow Flick v Metz [Vine]
- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
Atlético Nacional defensive midfielder Sebastián Pérez (20) is going for a trial at Arsenal
Arsenal have offered Atlético Nacional’s defensive midfielder Sebastián Pérez a trial with the Gunners this summer which, if all goes well, could lead to the starlet moving to North London.
Confirmation of the trial was made by President of Atlético Nacional, Juan Carlos De la Cuesta, on Sunday.
Despite his tender age, Sebastián Pérez already has plenty of experience.
At 18, the youngster broke into the Atlético Nacional first team, and in his maiden season in the Colombian top flight Pérez scooped the title. Last season Pérez continued to collect medals as he won the cup in his homeland.
He has since gone on to make 50 appearances for Atlético Nacional, as well as gaining international recognition with his national team at the U20 World Cup.
Pérez’s favoured position is sitting just in front of the back four, where he is able to offer protection to his backline as well as starting attacks with his fine distribution skills. Equally capable with both his right and left feet, Pérez’s vision is one of his key attributes along with his energy and ball control abilities.
While Arsenal fans will be happy to know that the club are on the search for new midfielders though, Sebastián Pérez is not the complete player whom the Gunners need to sign this summer. Like many signing during Arsene Wenger’s reign, Pérez is one for the future rather than a player for the here and now.
- Updated: July 8, 2013