Atlético Nacional defensive midfielder Sebastián Pérez (20) is going for a trial at Arsenal
- July 8, 2013
Arsenal have offered Atlético Nacional’s defensive midfielder Sebastián Pérez a trial with the Gunners this summer which, if all goes well, could lead to the starlet moving to North London.
Confirmation of the trial was made by President of Atlético Nacional, Juan Carlos De la Cuesta, on Sunday.
Despite his tender age, Sebastián Pérez already has plenty of experience.
At 18, the youngster broke into the Atlético Nacional first team, and in his maiden season in the Colombian top flight Pérez scooped the title. Last season Pérez continued to collect medals as he won the cup in his homeland.
He has since gone on to make 50 appearances for Atlético Nacional, as well as gaining international recognition with his national team at the U20 World Cup.
Pérez’s favoured position is sitting just in front of the back four, where he is able to offer protection to his backline as well as starting attacks with his fine distribution skills. Equally capable with both his right and left feet, Pérez’s vision is one of his key attributes along with his energy and ball control abilities.
While Arsenal fans will be happy to know that the club are on the search for new midfielders though, Sebastián Pérez is not the complete player whom the Gunners need to sign this summer. Like many signing during Arsene Wenger’s reign, Pérez is one for the future rather than a player for the here and now.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...