As Newcastle close in on 10th French player, old Alan Pardew quotes make for funny reading
- January 22, 2013
French players on Newcastle’s books at the start of this week: Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan.
French players Newcastle look likely to sign in the next 24 hours: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Massadio Haïdara.
French players Newcastle are close to securing by end of the January transfer window: Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko.
As a result, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will be able to field 10 outfield players from France alone, albeit in a 3-6-1 formation.
This of course is just the French players, leaving the likes of Tim Krul, Vurnon Anita and Papiss Demba Cisse out of this particular equation.
All in all, it makes the comments below from Alan Pardew, in 2006, whilst boss of West Ham, rather amusing.
Quotes via Arseblog.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...