- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
As Newcastle close in on 10th French player, old Alan Pardew quotes make for funny reading
French players on Newcastle’s books at the start of this week: Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan.
French players Newcastle look likely to sign in the next 24 hours: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Massadio Haïdara.
French players Newcastle are close to securing by end of the January transfer window: Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko.
As a result, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will be able to field 10 outfield players from France alone, albeit in a 3-6-1 formation.
This of course is just the French players, leaving the likes of Tim Krul, Vurnon Anita and Papiss Demba Cisse out of this particular equation.
All in all, it makes the comments below from Alan Pardew, in 2006, whilst boss of West Ham, rather amusing.
Quotes via Arseblog.
- Updated: January 22, 2013