As Newcastle close in on 10th French player, old Alan Pardew quotes make for funny reading
- January 22, 2013
French players on Newcastle’s books at the start of this week: Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan.
French players Newcastle look likely to sign in the next 24 hours: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Massadio Haïdara.
French players Newcastle are close to securing by end of the January transfer window: Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko.
As a result, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will be able to field 10 outfield players from France alone, albeit in a 3-6-1 formation.
This of course is just the French players, leaving the likes of Tim Krul, Vurnon Anita and Papiss Demba Cisse out of this particular equation.
All in all, it makes the comments below from Alan Pardew, in 2006, whilst boss of West Ham, rather amusing.
Quotes via Arseblog.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...