As Newcastle close in on 10th French player, old Alan Pardew quotes make for funny reading
- January 22, 2013
French players on Newcastle’s books at the start of this week: Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan.
French players Newcastle look likely to sign in the next 24 hours: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Massadio Haïdara.
French players Newcastle are close to securing by end of the January transfer window: Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko.
As a result, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will be able to field 10 outfield players from France alone, albeit in a 3-6-1 formation.
This of course is just the French players, leaving the likes of Tim Krul, Vurnon Anita and Papiss Demba Cisse out of this particular equation.
All in all, it makes the comments below from Alan Pardew, in 2006, whilst boss of West Ham, rather amusing.
Quotes via Arseblog.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi