Arsene Wenger tells beIN Sports that rumours of Mario Balotelli to Arsenal are pure invention [Video]
With Italy’s World Cup campaign coming to a close in the now infamous match against Uruguay on Tuesday, thoughts will return to Mario Balotelli’s next club.
AC Milan seem certain to sell Balotelli as the Rossoneri are without European football next season and want Super Mario’s wages off the books.
In recent weeks, Arsenal have been heavily linked with Mario Balotelli as a worthy striker to replace or play alongside Olivier Giroud.
After scoring against England, Balotelli looked like a good option for the Arsenal, after two poor games, including an injury-hit performance versus Uruguay, the AC Milan hitman looks less attractive.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger appeared on the beIN Sports World Cup show in Rio and dismissed any suggested bid for Balotelli from the Gunners.
All signs point to Arsenal moving instead for Barcelona and Juventus striker Alexis Sanchez.
Above is a Tweet from a beIN Sports producer confirming Arsenal are not in for Balotelli.
The picture below features Kay Murry, the beIN Sports presenter and Ruud Gullit, who asked Wenger about Balotelli.
- Napoli destroy Milan with Lorenzo Insigne cracker after one-two with Gonzalo Higuain (V...
- Jaap Stam’s dream team is packed with Manchester United and Milan legends (Video)
- David Beckham thinks Wayne Rooney is playing well for Man United, tips AC Milan to win ...
- David Beckham puts loyalty before reality with ridiculous UCL prediction (Quotes)
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)