Arsenal’s Facebook page wishes Mikel Arteta happy birthday, Gooners urge him to leave the club
- March 27, 2014
A few Arsenal players are becoming synonymous with the club’s recent poor form.
Whilst the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil and Theo Walcott are all becoming “better players” as they miss out on Arsenal humiliations at Chelsea and draws with Swansea, other first team members are seeing their stick fall a little.
Wojciech Szczęsny, Mikel Arteta and Olivier Giroud were all tipped to be dropped for Arsenal’s draw with Swansea but they all started the game.
For many Gooners, the jury is still out on Szczęsny and Giroud needs back up with the Frenchman perhaps not quite the level Arsenal need to challenge the very best.
Mikel Arteta is also becoming a target for abuse, as can be seen above.
The defensive midfielder may also not be in the very top class of players and is not the powerful dominating central midfielder that Arsenal probably need.
Quite why Gooners feel abusing their vice-captain on Facebook will be helpful is though beyond this author.
Arteta turned 31 yesterday and was Trolled pretty unfairly on Arsenal’s official Facebook page.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi