- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scored an absolute beauty for Derby v Watford [Official Video]
- Alan Pardew laughs at journalist’s phone going off in Newcastle 1 – QPR 0 pressser
- Claude tells Man United fan channel Full Time Devils: Wenger Should Have Gone!
- Diagnosis on Marco Reus’ suspected ankle ligament rupture delayed due to swelling
- Poll: Should Arsenal sack Arsene Wenger? #WengerOut or #WengerIn ???
Arsenal to lose out on Sami Khedira as Real Madrid offer German to Monaco in the James deal [Bild]
German tabloid Bild have a big story on Monday morning that is sure to upset some Arsenal fans.
After weeks of speculation that the Gunners may move for German World Cup winner Sami Khedira, Bild now believe the midfielder may be used as a makeweight in the deal to bring James Rodriguez from Monaco.
According to the report, Monaco are seeking €85m for their Colombian star James, while Los Blancos are looking to spend just €75m for the player. I
n an effort to find a compromise, Bild float the notion that Khedira may move from Madrid to Monaco as part of the James transfer.
Interestingly, the underlying message of the article is that Real are still struggling to find the funds to get the James deal over the line following reports over the weekend that Real’s planned sale of Angel Di Maria to PSG for €60m had been torpedoed by UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules.
It now looks like Real are trying to come up with a creative plan to sign Rodriguez, and Khedira is a possible solution to that conundrum.
- Updated: July 21, 2014