- Golazo! David Cabrera (Pumas) hits 30 metre Thunder-Bastard v Monterrey [Video]
- Raphael Honigstein banters Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini for throwing away 3-goal lead on BT Sport [Video]
- Piers Morgan tells Ian Wright it’s time for Arsenal to ‘divorce’ Arsene Wenger [Audio]
- Brendan Rodgers responds to Jamie Carragher’s charge that Liverpool are ‘mentally weak’ [Video]
- ‘You have to get results’: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits he’s fighting for his job [Video]
Arsenal offer Wenger new £15m contract + £40m January transfer budget [Sunday Sun]
Calls for Arsene Wenger to be ousted out of the Emirates seem a thing of the past on Sunday, if The Sun can be trusted.
The tabloid splash their backpage with the story that Arsenal are ready to offer their French manager a brand new contract worth £15 million.
Moreover, The Sun suggest that Ivan Gazidis and the rest of the Gunners board are hoping to sweeten the deal by making sure Wenger has at least £40m available to him in the January transfer window in order to boost the North Londoners’ squad for the business end of the season.
The Sun scribble that:
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that Wenger’s ability to persuade Mesut Ozil o complete a £42.5m move from Real Madrid proved why he has to remain at the Emirates.
A copy of The Sun’s backpage on Sunday is below.
- Updated: September 7, 2013