Arsenal offer Wenger new £15m contract + £40m January transfer budget [Sunday Sun]
- September 7, 2013
Calls for Arsene Wenger to be ousted out of the Emirates seem a thing of the past on Sunday, if The Sun can be trusted.
The tabloid splash their backpage with the story that Arsenal are ready to offer their French manager a brand new contract worth £15 million.
Moreover, The Sun suggest that Ivan Gazidis and the rest of the Gunners board are hoping to sweeten the deal by making sure Wenger has at least £40m available to him in the January transfer window in order to boost the North Londoners’ squad for the business end of the season.
The Sun scribble that:
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that Wenger’s ability to persuade Mesut Ozil o complete a £42.5m move from Real Madrid proved why he has to remain at the Emirates.
A copy of The Sun’s backpage on Sunday is below.
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsenal fans vent as it looks certain no new signings will be made on deadline day [Twe...
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...