Arsenal offer Wenger new £15m contract + £40m January transfer budget [Sunday Sun]
- September 7, 2013
Calls for Arsene Wenger to be ousted out of the Emirates seem a thing of the past on Sunday, if The Sun can be trusted.
The tabloid splash their backpage with the story that Arsenal are ready to offer their French manager a brand new contract worth £15 million.
Moreover, The Sun suggest that Ivan Gazidis and the rest of the Gunners board are hoping to sweeten the deal by making sure Wenger has at least £40m available to him in the January transfer window in order to boost the North Londoners’ squad for the business end of the season.
The Sun scribble that:
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that Wenger’s ability to persuade Mesut Ozil o complete a £42.5m move from Real Madrid proved why he has to remain at the Emirates.
A copy of The Sun’s backpage on Sunday is below.
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi