Arsenal offer Wenger new £15m contract + £40m January transfer budget [Sunday Sun]
Calls for Arsene Wenger to be ousted out of the Emirates seem a thing of the past on Sunday, if The Sun can be trusted.
The tabloid splash their backpage with the story that Arsenal are ready to offer their French manager a brand new contract worth £15 million.
Moreover, The Sun suggest that Ivan Gazidis and the rest of the Gunners board are hoping to sweeten the deal by making sure Wenger has at least £40m available to him in the January transfer window in order to boost the North Londoners’ squad for the business end of the season.
The Sun scribble that:
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that Wenger’s ability to persuade Mesut Ozil o complete a £42.5m move from Real Madrid proved why he has to remain at the Emirates.
A copy of The Sun’s backpage on Sunday is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016