Arsenal had four offside decisions go against them at Manchester City [Pictures]
Arsenal were stuffed 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday, but Gunners fans felt that the scoreline was out of line after four offside decisions went against Arsene Wenger’s side.
Arsenal’s first gripe came at 1-1, as Nacho Monreal was flagged for offside when the Spaniard was actually in a legal position. Had the linesman not flagged, the left-back could easily have laid a square pass for Giroud for a goalscoring opportunity.
On the stroke of halftime Arsenal were again flagged up for offside when Jack Wilshere tried to thread a through ball into the danger area but Theo Walcott was said to be offside.
Thirdly, Olivier Giroud had a rule ruled out for the Gunners in the second half for an offside decision which never was. as the centre-forward was onside when the ball was put in the mixer.
Lastly ,Nicklas Bentdner was also robbed of a goal at the Etihad when the Danish centre-forward had a header scratched off for another dodgy offside call.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal v Reading: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez posts gym video on Instagram, out of Arsenal v ReadingOctober 25, 2016
- Adama Traore’s sprint v Arsenal did not break a Premier League recordOctober 25, 2016
- BBC’s David Ornstein on Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez renewal updates after Arsenal’s AGM (Video)October 25, 2016
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is injured, will miss Man United gameOctober 25, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016