Arsenal had four offside decisions go against them at Manchester City [Pictures]
Arsenal were stuffed 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday, but Gunners fans felt that the scoreline was out of line after four offside decisions went against Arsene Wenger’s side.
Arsenal’s first gripe came at 1-1, as Nacho Monreal was flagged for offside when the Spaniard was actually in a legal position. Had the linesman not flagged, the left-back could easily have laid a square pass for Giroud for a goalscoring opportunity.
On the stroke of halftime Arsenal were again flagged up for offside when Jack Wilshere tried to thread a through ball into the danger area but Theo Walcott was said to be offside.
Thirdly, Olivier Giroud had a rule ruled out for the Gunners in the second half for an offside decision which never was. as the centre-forward was onside when the ball was put in the mixer.
Lastly ,Nicklas Bentdner was also robbed of a goal at the Etihad when the Danish centre-forward had a header scratched off for another dodgy offside call.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016