Arsenal had four offside decisions go against them at Manchester City [Pictures]
Arsenal were stuffed 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday, but Gunners fans felt that the scoreline was out of line after four offside decisions went against Arsene Wenger’s side.
Arsenal’s first gripe came at 1-1, as Nacho Monreal was flagged for offside when the Spaniard was actually in a legal position. Had the linesman not flagged, the left-back could easily have laid a square pass for Giroud for a goalscoring opportunity.
On the stroke of halftime Arsenal were again flagged up for offside when Jack Wilshere tried to thread a through ball into the danger area but Theo Walcott was said to be offside.
Thirdly, Olivier Giroud had a rule ruled out for the Gunners in the second half for an offside decision which never was. as the centre-forward was onside when the ball was put in the mixer.
Lastly ,Nicklas Bentdner was also robbed of a goal at the Etihad when the Danish centre-forward had a header scratched off for another dodgy offside call.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- A statistical comparison of incoming Arsenal striker Lucas Perez and Jamie Vardy [Graphic]August 26, 2016
- Arsenal forward Takuma Asano joins Stuttgart on a season-long loan dealAugust 26, 2016
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Man City v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Ronald Koeman states that Everton are not interested in Man City goalkeeper Joe Hart (Video)August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016