Arsenal had four offside decisions go against them at Manchester City [Pictures]
Arsenal were stuffed 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday, but Gunners fans felt that the scoreline was out of line after four offside decisions went against Arsene Wenger’s side.
Arsenal’s first gripe came at 1-1, as Nacho Monreal was flagged for offside when the Spaniard was actually in a legal position. Had the linesman not flagged, the left-back could easily have laid a square pass for Giroud for a goalscoring opportunity.
On the stroke of halftime Arsenal were again flagged up for offside when Jack Wilshere tried to thread a through ball into the danger area but Theo Walcott was said to be offside.
Thirdly, Olivier Giroud had a rule ruled out for the Gunners in the second half for an offside decision which never was. as the centre-forward was onside when the ball was put in the mixer.
Lastly ,Nicklas Bentdner was also robbed of a goal at the Etihad when the Danish centre-forward had a header scratched off for another dodgy offside call.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brotherly Love: Granit & Taulant Xhaka exchange shirts after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (GIF)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Moussa Dembele stuns Manchester City with opening goal (Video)September 28, 2016