- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
- Arsenal fans sing “Lukas Podolski we want you to stay” at Upton Park [Video]
- Luis Suarez interviewed about life at Barcelona & discusses Neymar and Leo Messi [Video]
- Manchester United’s Louis van Gaal still believes United can win title [Video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
Arsenal fans produce “she said no” meme after Sian Massey rules out Robin van Persie goal v Newcastle
Arsenal supporters are most amused and it is now a far cry from the summer of 2012 when Robin van Persie wrote an open letter explaining why he wanted to leave the Emirates, eventually for Manchester United.
Despite winning the Premier League title in his first season at Old Trafford, Robin van Persie again looks like the injury plagued forward of old and Manchester United incredibly trail Arsenal by 12 points.
And, the Gunners have a game in hand as David Moyes struggles to get his team going with rumours of RVP handing in a transfer request…
For many years the “She said no, Robin” song has followed the Dutch striker, who was arrested in June 2005 and questioned on suspicion of rape.
Van Persie was later released with the case subsequently dismissed – with this all happening during his time as an Arsenal player.
Nevertheless, whenever Arsenal have faced van Persie since he left Old Trafford, Gooners have sung this chant with glee.
So, on Saturday, as lines woman Sian Massey produced yet another excellent decision to rule out a Robin van Persie goal v Newcastle, the meme above was produced.
GIF of the disallowed goal is below.
- Updated: December 7, 2013