Arsenal fans produce “she said no” meme after Sian Massey rules out Robin van Persie goal v Newcastle
Arsenal supporters are most amused and it is now a far cry from the summer of 2012 when Robin van Persie wrote an open letter explaining why he wanted to leave the Emirates, eventually for Manchester United.
Despite winning the Premier League title in his first season at Old Trafford, Robin van Persie again looks like the injury plagued forward of old and Manchester United incredibly trail Arsenal by 12 points.
And, the Gunners have a game in hand as David Moyes struggles to get his team going with rumours of RVP handing in a transfer request…
For many years the “She said no, Robin” song has followed the Dutch striker, who was arrested in June 2005 and questioned on suspicion of rape.
Van Persie was later released with the case subsequently dismissed – with this all happening during his time as an Arsenal player.
Nevertheless, whenever Arsenal have faced van Persie since he left Old Trafford, Gooners have sung this chant with glee.
So, on Saturday, as lines woman Sian Massey produced yet another excellent decision to rule out a Robin van Persie goal v Newcastle, the meme above was produced.
GIF of the disallowed goal is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- MOTD running order: Gary Lineker explains Arsenal & Leicester positioningDecember 10, 2016
- Mark Hughes reacted badly to a question about Aaron RamseyDecember 10, 2016
- Arsenal fans want Charlie Adam banned for stamping on Alexis SanchezDecember 10, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016