- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Arsenal fan cancels his BT Sport subscription after airing of Liverpool 5-1 advert
BT Sport…CANCELLED! They won't get another penny of my money after that advert. Just a pointless, irrelevant match. pic.twitter.com/G73Z8dacbA
— Kev Kav (@Kev_AFC) July 12, 2014
Football fans these days really do take things too much to heart!
Undoubtedly, the best game on BT Sport last season was Liverpool 5 – Arsenal 1.
So, you can understand why BT Sport would create a new advert, featuring some big names, such as Rio Ferdinand and Jose Mourinho, to showcase Liverpool’s rout of Arsenal at Anfield in February.
But, Arsenal fans are not happy!
Suggesting BT Sport have it in for them and are taking the mickey by showing this advert with a grinning Jose Mourinho one of the main stars.
Cue the Tweet above from an Arsenal fan…
For what its worth, Liverpool 5 – Arsenal 1 is being described as “pointless” as Brendan Rodgers’ side did not go on to win the Premier League title.
- Updated: July 12, 2014