Appreciating brilliant back heel assists: Mirko Vucinic & Andres Iniesta
- December 10, 2012
There were two sensational assists on Sunday that were largely ignored due to a host of other reasons be it the game or goal itself.
First off, Mirko Vucinic set up Stephan Lichtsteiner for Juventus’ only goal at Palermo with a glorious back heel assist in the 50th minute.
Unsurprisingly though, the return of Antonio Conte to the Juventus touchline and the worst dive ever by Leonardo Bonucci have dominated chatter about another Old Lady Serie A win.
And on Sunday evening, Andres Iniesta continued his sensational recent form with a glorious assist for Lionel Messi’s record breaking 86th goal of 2012 against Real Betis.
Messi exchanged passes with Iniesta who set up the Argentine with a glorious no-look back heel assist. Gorgeous. And it barely got a mention thanks to all the records that tumbled.
Later on in the game, Iniesta also pulled out a beautiful back heel flick pass that will have you purring.
Enjoy both back heel assists below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”266893″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”266896″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi