Ander Herrera will be unveiled as a Man United player on Friday, contracted until 2019 [AS]
The Spanish and English press are in agreement: Ander Herrera is a Manchester United player.
Madrid-based paper AS confirm that Herrera is in Manchester, having arrived on Tuesday and will sign a contract at Old Trafford until 2019.
Manchester United will pay 36 million euros to activate Herrera’s release clause at Bilbao – 1.5 million euros will go to his former club Real Zaragoza as part of the deal.
According to AS, Athletic Bilbao are shocked Herrera is leaving having finished fourth in La Liga last season, which begs the question why they did not lengthen the release clause.
Herrera will be presented as a Manchester United player on Friday having passed a medical on Monday in Madrid.
They add that Herrera will train with Manchester United assistant Ryan Giggs from July 4, with Louis van Gaal still either likely to be involved with Holand’s World Cup campaign or on holiday.
Manchester United fans should start getting excited about finally having a class midfielder in their ranks… Most clued in transfer gossips, report that Herrera is the first of many signings for Manchester United this summer.
- Raphael Varane’s last-ditch tackle on Aritz Aduriz is a thing of beauty (Video)
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Real Madrid 2: Karim Benzema continues his purple patch (High...
- Bilbao attacker Iker Muniain hits amazing trick shot through basketball hoop (Video)
- Referee brutally took out Mallorca defender Lucas Alvedano during 3-1 defeat (Vine)
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge taunts Man United over Thomas Muller pursuit (Quotes)