Ander Herrera will be unveiled as a Man United player on Friday, contracted until 2019 [AS]
The Spanish and English press are in agreement: Ander Herrera is a Manchester United player.
Madrid-based paper AS confirm that Herrera is in Manchester, having arrived on Tuesday and will sign a contract at Old Trafford until 2019.
Manchester United will pay 36 million euros to activate Herrera’s release clause at Bilbao – 1.5 million euros will go to his former club Real Zaragoza as part of the deal.
According to AS, Athletic Bilbao are shocked Herrera is leaving having finished fourth in La Liga last season, which begs the question why they did not lengthen the release clause.
Herrera will be presented as a Manchester United player on Friday having passed a medical on Monday in Madrid.
They add that Herrera will train with Manchester United assistant Ryan Giggs from July 4, with Louis van Gaal still either likely to be involved with Holand’s World Cup campaign or on holiday.
Manchester United fans should start getting excited about finally having a class midfielder in their ranks… Most clued in transfer gossips, report that Herrera is the first of many signings for Manchester United this summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao suspended due to racist abuse at Iñaki WilliamsAugust 22, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao’s Susaeta finishes glorious team goal v Borussia Dortmund (Video)August 9, 2016
- Man City fail to get Bilbao centre-half Laporte, target Atletico defender [AS]June 20, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao play mind games with Man City with Aymeric Laporte’s new buyout clauseJune 13, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho calls Manchester United’s Europa League group ‘Champions League’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Man United starlet Andreas Pereira joins Granada on a season-long loanAugust 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016