AIK Stockholm publish an open letter inviting English journalists to enjoy their loud atmosphere
- April 5, 2013
Swedish club AIK Stockholm have released an open letter this Friday calling on English journalists to return to Scandinavia to experience a football match with real atmosphere.
AIK’s letter was prompted following reaction of British journalists after Sweden’s 4-2 win over the Three Lions back in Novemeber.
Whilst that friendly was made memorable by by Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s world-class overhead-volley from distance, the Swedes have also not forgotten how the visiting journalists slammed the library-esque atmosphere at the Friends Arena in Solna.
Several months on, and AIK want to show how Swedish football fans can indeed support their clubs vocally.
One can also assume that AIK president Thomas Edselius also appriecated the PR value of releasing the following open letter to an English audience.
Read AIK Stockholm’s letter below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...