After failing to score in 5 games, Magdeburg fans show their players where the goal is
- March 27, 2012
German Regionalliga Nord side Magdeburg are having a woeful campaign in one of the regional leagues that makes up the fourth division in Germany.
After 25 matches, they are rock bottom of 18 teams with 20 points and have scored just 16 goals, 11 less than Energie Cottbus II, who are second bottom.
Despite their woeful recent form, Magdeburg have failed to score in their last five games, they could still beat the dreaded drop as they are just two points off the relegation zone.
As a result, their fans decided to try something a little different, handing out arrows ahead of the match with BAK ’07 on Sunday to literally show the players where the goal is.
A banner was also made titled “we will show you where the goal is” but despite finally scoring, Magdeburg still went down to a 2-1 defeat.
Another amusing picture of the Magdeburg fans is after the jump.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi