- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
After failing to score in 5 games, Magdeburg fans show their players where the goal is
German Regionalliga Nord side Magdeburg are having a woeful campaign in one of the regional leagues that makes up the fourth division in Germany.
After 25 matches, they are rock bottom of 18 teams with 20 points and have scored just 16 goals, 11 less than Energie Cottbus II, who are second bottom.
Despite their woeful recent form, Magdeburg have failed to score in their last five games, they could still beat the dreaded drop as they are just two points off the relegation zone.
As a result, their fans decided to try something a little different, handing out arrows ahead of the match with BAK ’07 on Sunday to literally show the players where the goal is.
A banner was also made titled “we will show you where the goal is” but despite finally scoring, Magdeburg still went down to a 2-1 defeat.
Another amusing picture of the Magdeburg fans is after the jump.
- Updated: March 27, 2012