AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli was shown a red card for dissent after the final whistle against Napoli [Video]
Sunday night was a bad night for Mario Balotelli.
Napoli beat AC Milan 2-1 win at the San Siro, and the match gained historical significance as Mario Balotelli finally missed a penalty.
Balotteli’s missed penalty, however, was far from the Italian striker’s only flashpoint in the match, as the Azzurri striker scored a last minute penalty before getting himself sent off after the full time whistle for dissent.
With the match over, a shirtless Balotelli flipped out aggressively at the officials and he was subsequently sent off. The 23-year-old’s eighth red card was a moment of silly petulance, and his manager Massimo Allegri berated his forward for picking up a suspension after the game.
When games are over, it’s better to stay quiet and I am against hysteria. It’s best to shut up and leave rather than stay there arguing with the referee, as it’s not going to change anything. Balotelli needs to improve that.
He received a fair few kicks, including many from behind, though he overall had a good game. Of course you’ve got to be angry at the final whistle [after losing], but you’ve got to remain serene. Hysterical outbursts don’t help at all. After the final whistle, you’ve got to shut up, otherwise you only do harm.
Watch footage of Mario Balotelli’s red card offence below.
Watch Live Stream
- AC Milan’s Gabriel Paletta gets red card for horrendous tackle v Genoa (Video)October 25, 2016
- Genoa v AC Milan: Watch a Live Stream of the Serie A matchOctober 25, 2016
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- “Balotelli is an idiot” says former manager Roberto ManciniOctober 26, 2016
- Roberto Mancini praises Mario Balotelli but says he must get 20 goals this season [L’Equipe]October 13, 2016
- Mario Balotelli says he has only felt good at Man City & Nice [Quotes]October 5, 2016
- Nice forward Mario Balotelli will have his red card against Lorient revoked [L’Equipe]October 4, 2016