AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli was shown a red card for dissent after the final whistle against Napoli [Video]
Sunday night was a bad night for Mario Balotelli.
Napoli beat AC Milan 2-1 win at the San Siro, and the match gained historical significance as Mario Balotelli finally missed a penalty.
Balotteli’s missed penalty, however, was far from the Italian striker’s only flashpoint in the match, as the Azzurri striker scored a last minute penalty before getting himself sent off after the full time whistle for dissent.
With the match over, a shirtless Balotelli flipped out aggressively at the officials and he was subsequently sent off. The 23-year-old’s eighth red card was a moment of silly petulance, and his manager Massimo Allegri berated his forward for picking up a suspension after the game.
When games are over, it’s better to stay quiet and I am against hysteria. It’s best to shut up and leave rather than stay there arguing with the referee, as it’s not going to change anything. Balotelli needs to improve that.
He received a fair few kicks, including many from behind, though he overall had a good game. Of course you’ve got to be angry at the final whistle [after losing], but you’ve got to remain serene. Hysterical outbursts don’t help at all. After the final whistle, you’ve got to shut up, otherwise you only do harm.
Watch footage of Mario Balotelli’s red card offence below.
Watch Live Stream
- Top 10 Serie A Veterans: Featuring Francesco Totti & Gianluigi Buffon (Video)May 11th, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola opens door to him returning to former clubMay 5th, 2016
- Leaked: AC Milan’s brand new 2016-17 home kit has a new club crestApril 30th, 2016
- Guangzhou will give Jackson Martinez to AC Milan as a free gift [Corriere dello Sport]April 29th, 2016
- Mario Balotelli’s departure from Liverpool is getting closer [Gazzetta dello Sport]April 24th, 2016
- Liverpool loanee Mario Balotelli booked for (accidentally) kicking Carpi keeper in the face (Video)April 21st, 2016
- On loan at AC Milan, Mario Balotelli insists he doesn’t want to return to Liverpool [Quotes]April 17th, 2016
- Liverpool loanee Mario Balotelli assist v Juventus (Video)April 9th, 2016