AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli was shown a red card for dissent after the final whistle against Napoli [Video]
- September 23, 2013
Sunday night was a bad night for Mario Balotelli.
Napoli beat AC Milan 2-1 win at the San Siro, and the match gained historical significance as Mario Balotelli finally missed a penalty.
Balotteli’s missed penalty, however, was far from the Italian striker’s only flashpoint in the match, as the Azzurri striker scored a last minute penalty before getting himself sent off after the full time whistle for dissent.
With the match over, a shirtless Balotelli flipped out aggressively at the officials and he was subsequently sent off. The 23-year-old’s eighth red card was a moment of silly petulance, and his manager Massimo Allegri berated his forward for picking up a suspension after the game.
When games are over, it’s better to stay quiet and I am against hysteria. It’s best to shut up and leave rather than stay there arguing with the referee, as it’s not going to change anything. Balotelli needs to improve that.
He received a fair few kicks, including many from behind, though he overall had a good game. Of course you’ve got to be angry at the final whistle [after losing], but you’ve got to remain serene. Hysterical outbursts don’t help at all. After the final whistle, you’ve got to shut up, otherwise you only do harm.
Watch footage of Mario Balotelli’s red card offence below.
- AC Milan pay AS Roma €20m for Andrea Bertolacci, despite him never playing for the Gial...
- Liverpool miss out on Carlos Bacca; AC Milan secure Sevilla striker [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- New AC Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic explains why he’s the best man for the job [V...
- Arsenal target Geoffrey Kondogbia set for move to AC Milan after fee agreed [Sky Italia]
- AC Milan welcome new manager Sinisa Mihajlovic to the club [Video]
- Ex AC Milan star Kakha Kaladze helps out with relief effort after flood hits Tbilisi [P...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi