AC Milan playmaker Keisuke Honda bagged a back heel assist for Japan v New Zealand
Japan could well be one of the surprise teams in the World Cup and their brand of Tiki-Taka football, led by the likes of Shinji Kagawa and Keisuke Honda, has the possibility of pushing them to global stardom.
On Wednesday, the Blue Samurai blitzed New Zealand, going 4-0 up in the space of 17 minutes.
Goals from Shinji Okazaki (2), Shinji Kagawa and Masato Morishige eased Japan to a winning scoreline with the fourth set up by a beautiful Keisuke Honda back heel.
The Japanese maestro has shown glimpses of his talent at AC Milan and this was a special assist…
- Dancing feet: Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa scores tremendous goal for Japan (Video)
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)
- Hilarious keeper blunder in Japan leads to ridiculous Kashiwa Reysol own goal (Video)
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in Japan [Videos]
- West Ham set for a £5m move for AC Milan’s Keisuke Honda in January (Sun)
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Japan’s Keisuke Honda blazes penalty over the bar v UAE [Videos]
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [Video]