- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
A shocking punch in a Northern League semi-pro game went unpunished by officials, broke player’s jaw
- November 2, 2013
A shocking assault was incredibly missed by all the officials during the Nortern League match between Heaton Stannington v Birtley last week, however the people from Sky’s Tyne and Wear caught to attack on camera.
With the referee’s back turned as a free-kick held up the play, Birtley’s Mark Brereton laid a solid left-handed punch on Heaton’s Paul Blakey causing a crack that could be heard in all parts of the ground.
Blakey was soon rushed to hospital with a suspected broken jaw, while Birtley’s manager subbed Brereton off the pitch after the officials failed to react.
Heaton went on to win the match 3 – 0 thanks to two goals from Jonathan Wright and one from Phil Smith.
Watch the shocking assault below.