A shocking punch in a Northern League semi-pro game went unpunished by officials, broke player’s jaw
- November 2, 2013
A shocking assault was incredibly missed by all the officials during the Nortern League match between Heaton Stannington v Birtley last week, however the people from Sky’s Tyne and Wear caught to attack on camera.
With the referee’s back turned as a free-kick held up the play, Birtley’s Mark Brereton laid a solid left-handed punch on Heaton’s Paul Blakey causing a crack that could be heard in all parts of the ground.
Blakey was soon rushed to hospital with a suspected broken jaw, while Birtley’s manager subbed Brereton off the pitch after the officials failed to react.
Heaton went on to win the match 3 – 0 thanks to two goals from Jonathan Wright and one from Phil Smith.
Watch the shocking assault below.
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cu...
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catol...
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the head
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on A...
- Serious ouch! Giampaolo Pazzini overhead kicks Kamel Glik in the face
- A mortal kombat finishing move was spotted in a youth match in Brazil, shockingly no fo...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi