A Bola: Tottenham chase Braga striker Eder
- January 29, 2013
As Spurs fans wistfully wonder which striker can add fire power to their top four challenge, the Portuguese press have added a new name to the mix today.
With Emmanuel Adebayor at the Africa Cup of Nations and Jermain Defoe rumoured to be facing four weeks on the sidelines with a pelvic injury, Tottenham are being heavily linked with the likes of Leandro Damiao and Gary Hooper.
Portuguese paper A Bola however says Tottenham are interested in Braga striker Eder who has emerged as one of the finest forwards in Portugal in recent months.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas worked with Eder at Academica in 2009/2010 and knows the player well but the 25-year-old striker has improved with age and plenty of European clubs are interested.
Fenerbahce, Galatasaray (before Didier Drogba signed) and Besiktas have all been linked with a move for Eder who is valued at around 9 million euros by A Bola.
The suggestions are however, that Spurs will make their move for Eder next summer and not in the final hours of the January 2013 transfer window.
Eder has scored nine goals in 14 matches this season, the video below shows an excellent assist he provided against Manchester United in the Champions League this season.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...