- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
A Belgium footballer misses a penalty, ends up scoring an overhead-kick golazo
A contender for the maddest penalty of the season was spotted in the Belgium second division on Saturday.
League leaders Mouscron-Péruwelz beat Hoogstraten 2-1 in front of their fans, but the goal scored by the visitors was something special.
With eight minutes remaining Hoogstraten won a penalty, and Glenn van der Linden took the responsibility from the spot. But there was a twist.
Mouscron keeper Alexandre Oukidja saved van der Linden’s penalty, only for the ball to repel back into the penalty-takers path and he ended up scoring an amazing overhead-kick golazo to eventually stick the ball in the back of the net.
Watch a GIF of Glenn van der Linden’s penalty miss and overhead-kick golazo below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013