Setting up on Sorare and need helping picking a team to get started?
Our comprehensive guide offers all the necessary information to start your journey on Sorare, and even provide the best sign-up offer to get started and get the best rewards from playing.
Here are some of the basic steps to follow while getting started on Sorare:
- Sign up to Sorare via the link below
- Select the Amateur league you wish to play in - more leagues will open up once you have entered your first team including the more competitive ones, but entering an amateur league will help you get used to the nuts and bolts
- Build your squad - you will be asked to select a squad of eight players - two from each position - using a budget based on the recent performance of players. Players will earn points in each gameweek based on performance, so keep that in mind
- Compose your lineup - A lineup is made up of your top five players. Pick one goalkeeper, one defender, one midfielder, one forward and one more from any position. As you will only be using five players, that means you can balance out the value of players between starters and non-starters
- Enter your team!
After these basic steps that will help you get your foot into the amateur leagues, you can start exploring the sales markets, auction house and start building your collection of limited/rare/super rare/unique cards (if you choose to deposit money into your account).
Once you have built up a portfolio of cards, you can start looking at some of the more competitive leagues at various levels of rarity and compete for some real prizes.
What free tournaments are there on Sorare?
You can either enter Sorare just for the free-to-play leagues or the more competitive leagues, which will require you to buy cards of carrying scarcities. We will take you through the kinds of capped leagues in a second, but here are the ‘Amateur’ leagues you can enter, which basically means you can play for free and still win rewards.
- Bundesliga Amateur
- Premier League Amateur
- LaLiga Amateur
- Serie A Amateur
- Ligue 1 Amateur
- MLS Amateur
While the prizes for the Amateur leagues are more limited than other leagues, there are still rewards available. Here are the Amateur rewards:
- 1st - Limited Tier 1 card
- 2 - Limited Tier 2
- 3 - Limited Tier 2
- 4-5 - Limited Tier 2
- 6-50 - Limited Tier 3
- 51-110 - Limited Tier 4
- 111-200 - Limited Tier 5
Sorare capped modes
The capped leagues must be made up of Limited/Rare/Super Rare/Unique cards - although the Cap 220 - Limited can include one Common card (in 220 Rare, one Limited card may be used and so on) - from any league around the world.
The reason they are capped however, is because the points total accrued by your team over the last 15 matches (that’s the L15 score remember) must come under the cap. This means you can’t just pick an all-star team of Limited/Rare cards, but must be canny in picking players whose scores aren’t too high, but can still record good scores.
There are three capped leagues across each scarcity of card:
- Cap 220 - your five players must not have a combined average L15 score of over 220.
- Cap 240 - financial rewards are available in this league if you score 250 points in the gameweek. Cards (the scarcity depends on whether you enter the Limited/Rare/Super Rare/Unique league) are also available as a reward, but you must pick your side from a pool of cards with a combined L15 score below 240.
- Cap 270 - this is the least popular of the three capped leagues but is generally easier to enter a team due to the higher points cap. Again, cards are available in the rewards.
The higher you go up, the same format is replicated. So when you have a Cap 270 - Rare league, it is the same format but you replace Limited cards with Rare cards.