Righting his wrongs! Thierry Henry pulls off the penalty trick he failed with Robert Pires at Arsenal in 2005
With the help of Florent Malouda, 35 year old former Arsenal hero Thierry Henry successfully helped his side score from the penalty spot in the Lionel Messi charity game in Chicago last night.
8 years ago, for one weekend, Arsenal’s Thierry Henry and Robert Pires became the laughing stock of English football as they attempted, and failed to score a cheeky penalty kick in a Premier League match against Manchester City.
Pires rolled the ball from the spot in the hope that Henry would run in to convert it. It all went ‘tits up’.
This time Henry rolled the ball for fellow Frenchman Florent Malouda. He was not going to miss as he ran up and placed it past the onrushing goalkeeper.
Watch the footage here and the footage from 2005 below:
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea Champions League winner joins Roberto Carlos’ Dehli DynamosAugust 23, 2015
- Florent Malouda picks brilliant Dream Team XI featuring Zizou & several Chelsea men [Video]April 24, 2015
- Didier Drogba posts Instagram picture with his Chelsea “soldiers” – Malouda, Bosingwa & MeirelesOctober 7, 2013
- Following his debut golazo, Florent Malouda (Trabzonspor) bags another lovely goal in the Europa LeagueAugust 30, 2013
- Banter: Manchester United make epic reply to Antony Martial’s Thierry Henry TweetOctober 14, 2016
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial pays credit to Thierry Henry [Instagram]October 13, 2016
- FFF chief’s strange reasoning for why Thierry Henry & Deschamps can’t work together for FranceOctober 8, 2016
- Awkward: Thierry Henry’s take on Koscielny’s handball in Burnley 0 – Arsenal 1 (Video)October 3, 2016