- Kazuyoshi Miura (48) scores second goal of the season in Japanese 2nd tier [Video]
- The best Tweets as Aston Villa beat Liverpool 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final
- Steven Gerrard slammed by Liverpool fans after FA Cup defeat to Aston Villa [Best Tweets]
- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
Righting his wrongs! Thierry Henry pulls off the penalty trick he failed with Robert Pires at Arsenal in 2005
- July 7, 2013
With the help of Florent Malouda, 35 year old former Arsenal hero Thierry Henry successfully helped his side score from the penalty spot in the Lionel Messi charity game in Chicago last night.
8 years ago, for one weekend, Arsenal’s Thierry Henry and Robert Pires became the laughing stock of English football as they attempted, and failed to score a cheeky penalty kick in a Premier League match against Manchester City.
Pires rolled the ball from the spot in the hope that Henry would run in to convert it. It all went ‘tits up’.
This time Henry rolled the ball for fellow Frenchman Florent Malouda. He was not going to miss as he ran up and placed it past the onrushing goalkeeper.
Watch the footage here and the footage from 2005 below: