Righting his wrongs! Thierry Henry pulls off the penalty trick he failed with Robert Pires at Arsenal in 2005
With the help of Florent Malouda, 35 year old former Arsenal hero Thierry Henry successfully helped his side score from the penalty spot in the Lionel Messi charity game in Chicago last night.
8 years ago, for one weekend, Arsenal’s Thierry Henry and Robert Pires became the laughing stock of English football as they attempted, and failed to score a cheeky penalty kick in a Premier League match against Manchester City.
Pires rolled the ball from the spot in the hope that Henry would run in to convert it. It all went ‘tits up’.
This time Henry rolled the ball for fellow Frenchman Florent Malouda. He was not going to miss as he ran up and placed it past the onrushing goalkeeper.
Watch the footage here and the footage from 2005 below:
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea Champions League winner joins Roberto Carlos’ Dehli DynamosAugust 23, 2015
- Florent Malouda picks brilliant Dream Team XI featuring Zizou & several Chelsea men [Video]April 24, 2015
- Didier Drogba posts Instagram picture with his Chelsea “soldiers” – Malouda, Bosingwa & MeirelesOctober 7, 2013
- Following his debut golazo, Florent Malouda (Trabzonspor) bags another lovely goal in the Europa LeagueAugust 30, 2013
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016
- Thierry Henry talks about his Belgium appointment (Video)August 28, 2016
- Belgium boss Roberto Martinez explains why Thierry Henry is the perfect assistant coach (Video)August 26, 2016
- Thierry Henry named as assistant boss to Belgium manager Roberto MartinezAugust 26, 2016