Righting his wrongs! Thierry Henry pulls off the penalty trick he failed with Robert Pires at Arsenal in 2005
- July 7, 2013
With the help of Florent Malouda, 35 year old former Arsenal hero Thierry Henry successfully helped his side score from the penalty spot in the Lionel Messi charity game in Chicago last night.
8 years ago, for one weekend, Arsenal’s Thierry Henry and Robert Pires became the laughing stock of English football as they attempted, and failed to score a cheeky penalty kick in a Premier League match against Manchester City.
Pires rolled the ball from the spot in the hope that Henry would run in to convert it. It all went ‘tits up’.
This time Henry rolled the ball for fellow Frenchman Florent Malouda. He was not going to miss as he ran up and placed it past the onrushing goalkeeper.
Watch the footage here and the footage from 2005 below:
- Florent Malouda picks brilliant Dream Team XI featuring Zizou & several Chelsea me...
- Didier Drogba posts Instagram picture with his Chelsea “soldiers” – M...
- Following his debut golazo, Florent Malouda (Trabzonspor) bags another lovely goal in t...
- Quality team move: Florent Malouda (Trabzonspor) v Kukesi
- Ex-Chelsea man Florent Malouda bags a golazo winner on his Turkish debut
- Florent Malouda and Jose Bosingwa give a speech to the Trabzonspor fans
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi