- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
- DONE DEAL! Atletico Madrid announce the signing of Fernando Torres [Tweets]
- Exclusive Offer! Back Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to score anytime v Swansea at 5/1!!!
Pictures: The United Arab Emirates plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium
Here’s what we know.
The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.
The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.
As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).
The project will be built by MZ Architects.
Below the fold are two more pictures: an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
- Updated: June 17, 2012