- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Pictures: The United Arab Emirates plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium
Here’s what we know.
The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.
The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.
As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).
The project will be built by MZ Architects.
Below the fold are two more pictures: an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
- Updated: June 17, 2012