Pictures: The United Arab Emirates plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium
- June 17, 2012
Here’s what we know.
The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.
The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.
As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).
The project will be built by MZ Architects.
Below the fold are two more pictures: an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]