- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Pictures: The United Arab Emirates plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium
Here’s what we know.
The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.
The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.
As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).
The project will be built by MZ Architects.
Below the fold are two more pictures: an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
- Updated: June 17, 2012