Pictures: The United Arab Emirates plan to build the world’s first Sand Stadium
- June 17, 2012
Here’s what we know.
The Sand Stadium (or as it’s actually being called, “The Rock Stadium”) is set to be build in the Al Ain desert.
The ground will be build below ground level to make sure heat levels are more easily controlled.
As to the numbers, the stadium will facilitate 40,000 spectators, and will come at a cost of 3.5 billion UAE dirham (or $953 million).
The project will be built by MZ Architects.
Below the fold are two more pictures: an aerial view of the sand stadium, and an illustration of how the stadium will appear at night.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...