L’Equipe: Tottenham approach Lyon for forward Lisandro Lopez
- January 31, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe reports this morning that Tottenham have made an approach for forward Lisandro Lopez.
This follows claims in the English media over the last 24 hours that Spurs were considering a move for Bafetimbi Gomis, another Lyon striker.
It seems likely that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will be active in attempting to sign a striker on the final day of the transfer window after moving for Lopez on Monday night.
The Argentine striker had been linked with Juventus for much of January but the Old Lady’s signing of Nicolas Anelka appears to rule out a move for Lopez.
The Spurs bid for Lisandro Lopez was a loan deal and has been rejected by Lyon, just weeks before the two clubs meet in the next round of the Europa League.
Lopez has scored six goals in 16 matches this season, and although not necessarily an out-and-out striker, has plenty of European experience and is an extremely hard working player.
Footage of Lisandro Lopez in action can be seen on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...