- Brendan Rodgers pre-Arsenal: ‘Alexis Sanchez was 1 of our transfer targets, he’s a fantastic player’ [Video]
- Sergio Ramos: ‘Real Madrid are God’s team’
- Liverpool offer £135k annual salary to 15-year-old Roma attacker dubbed ‘the new Ibrahimovic’ [Standard]
- Man United target Diego Godin says he’d like to stay with Atletico for ‘many years’ [Mirror]
- Arsenal players spread Christmas cheer around to children in hospital [Video]
L’Equipe: Tottenham approach Lyon for forward Lisandro Lopez
French newspaper L’Equipe reports this morning that Tottenham have made an approach for forward Lisandro Lopez.
This follows claims in the English media over the last 24 hours that Spurs were considering a move for Bafetimbi Gomis, another Lyon striker.
It seems likely that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will be active in attempting to sign a striker on the final day of the transfer window after moving for Lopez on Monday night.
The Argentine striker had been linked with Juventus for much of January but the Old Lady’s signing of Nicolas Anelka appears to rule out a move for Lopez.
The Spurs bid for Lisandro Lopez was a loan deal and has been rejected by Lyon, just weeks before the two clubs meet in the next round of the Europa League.
Lopez has scored six goals in 16 matches this season, and although not necessarily an out-and-out striker, has plenty of European experience and is an extremely hard working player.
Footage of Lisandro Lopez in action can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: January 31, 2013