Gladbach target Man United keeper Lindegaard after losing Ter Stegen to Barcelona [BT]
Danish newspaper BT have reported on Sunday that Man United’s Danish keeper Anders Lindegaard is wanted by German club Borussia Monchengladbach.
Gladbach are in desperate need of a new goalie after it was recently announced that their stopper Marc Ter Stegen will move to Barcelona this summer, and apparently Lindegaard is a top target for the Bundesliga club along with Basel’s Yann Sommer, Hanover’s Ron-Robert Zieler and Freiburg’s Oliver Baumann.
According to BT’s information, Monchengladbach are feeling out at Manchester United to hear about whether the club would be willing to sell Anders Lindegaard this summer.
Other European clubs have also had feelers on Lindegaard’s situation and Milan also lurk in the wings of the United’s Danish keeper.
Manchester United have been clearly communicated to all interested parties that the first can be considered selling Anders Lindegaard summer. They need Lindegaard as a reserve for David de Gea in the coming months.
29-year-old keeper Lindegaard has played just twice for Man United this season, while last year the goalie made only 13 appearances all campaign.
Nevertheless, the Dane recently reaffirmed his commitment to Old Trafford after playing in the Capital One Cup defeat at sunderland, saying:
I’m not stupid. I can see that I could use some more games somewhere but right now I am helping this club as much as I can.
I have to try and be objective, not subjective. If I see it through my own eyes, I would say “Jesus Christ I’m not playing, why is that?” Then it would be easy to get frustrated.
United have been my club since I was a small kid. This is my dream. The question is, do I have to compromise that dream and seek elsewhere? Right now the decision is to stay here and help the club, that is the most important thing.
Watch Live Stream
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- Borussia Monchengladbach’s Twitter account keeps spelling RB Leipzig’s name wrongSeptember 20, 2016
- Details on Chelsea’s soon-to-expire buyback option for Thorgan Hazard [Bild]September 19, 2016
- Liverpool line up a significant £25m January signing [Express]September 18, 2016
- Man United fans love talking about Marcus Rashford after the Leicester win (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains his decision to drop Wayne Rooney from the Man United XI (Video)September 24, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome gesture to former Juventus team mates [Tuttosport]September 24, 2016
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016