Gladbach target Man United keeper Lindegaard after losing Ter Stegen to Barcelona [BT]
- January 12, 2014
Danish newspaper BT have reported on Sunday that Man United’s Danish keeper Anders Lindegaard is wanted by German club Borussia Monchengladbach.
Gladbach are in desperate need of a new goalie after it was recently announced that their stopper Marc Ter Stegen will move to Barcelona this summer, and apparently Lindegaard is a top target for the Bundesliga club along with Basel’s Yann Sommer, Hanover’s Ron-Robert Zieler and Freiburg’s Oliver Baumann.
According to BT’s information, Monchengladbach are feeling out at Manchester United to hear about whether the club would be willing to sell Anders Lindegaard this summer.
Other European clubs have also had feelers on Lindegaard’s situation and Milan also lurk in the wings of the United’s Danish keeper.
Manchester United have been clearly communicated to all interested parties that the first can be considered selling Anders Lindegaard summer. They need Lindegaard as a reserve for David de Gea in the coming months.
29-year-old keeper Lindegaard has played just twice for Man United this season, while last year the goalie made only 13 appearances all campaign.
Nevertheless, the Dane recently reaffirmed his commitment to Old Trafford after playing in the Capital One Cup defeat at sunderland, saying:
I’m not stupid. I can see that I could use some more games somewhere but right now I am helping this club as much as I can.
I have to try and be objective, not subjective. If I see it through my own eyes, I would say “Jesus Christ I’m not playing, why is that?” Then it would be easy to get frustrated.
United have been my club since I was a small kid. This is my dream. The question is, do I have to compromise that dream and seek elsewhere? Right now the decision is to stay here and help the club, that is the most important thing.
- Max Kruse and Christoph Kramer practise party trick before Monchengladbach win [Video]
- Bayern’s Manuel Neuer made an epic error as Gladbach won 2-0 in Munich [Official ...
- A look back at Hannover’s remarkable record-breaking own goal spree [Video]
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard says his goal is to return to Chelsea one day [HLN]
- Thorgan Hazard explains permanent move from Chelsea to Gladbach [Video]
- Chelsea sell Thorgan Hazard to Monchengladbach for €8m, making 1500% mark-up
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi