Ex-Man United & Arsenal defender Mikael Silvestre’s car-crash Portland debut v New York
- March 4, 2013
How does that cross get by Silvestre? How? This is the worst half of soccer I can remember from an MLS defender, maybe ever. Seriously.
— Matthew Doyle (@MLS_Analyst) March 4, 2013
Mikael Silvestre had an abysmal debut for the Portland Timbers on Sunday night in the MLS.
The climax of the maiden weekend of the MLS season saw Portland come back from 3-1 down at home against the New York Red Bulls to draw 3-3.
Fabien Espindola scored a brace for New York while Jamison Olave bagged the third all before the break, while the opening forty-five proved a disaster for Mikael Silvestre.
Now 35-years-old, Silvestre was directly responsible for the Red Bulls opening two goals. His contribution to the third was also pretty lousy.
The former Manchester United and Arsenal defender played a horrible back pass to keeper Donovan Ricketts which in turn gifted Espindola his opener after 9 minutes.
Midway through the half Espindola profitted from another awful Silvestre mistake as the defender mistimed a bounce on the astroturf surface which made him look like a muppet.
Silvestre was also unable to cut out a cross in the 27th minute as Olave added number three.
Watch Mikael Silvestre’s car-crash Portland debut showreel below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...