Forget Tottenham! Wesley Sneijder is now heading to Liverpool for just €10m
- December 30, 2012
… or so says Gazzetta Dello Sport.
Whether it be Tottenham or now Liverpool, once again this Sunday Inter Milan fans have been reassured that Dutch superstar Wesley Sneijder is almost certainly heading out of the San Siro this January.
Sneijder, 28, has not played for Inter Milan for three months due to a dispute with the Nerazzurri which was reportedly over his refusal to take a pay cut. Outside Andrea Stramaccioni’s first team, Wesley is now set to be shipped out of Serie A.
Last week the internet was abuzz after news broke that Spurs had agreed personal terms with Dutch playmaker Sneijder. According to those reports just a few days ago, Sneijder was simply waiting for Spurs and Inter Milan to agree terms over a 12 million euros deal set to be completed early in the transfer window.
Fast forward four days, and now Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool are said to be in pole position to sign one of the best players roaming the planet. And for just €10m (£8.19m)!
Liverpool fans will be hugely excited by this transfer gossip.
The sight of seeing Sneijder line-up alongside Suarez, Gerrard, Joe Allen and Lucas is mouthwatering, even though naysayers may still point to a lack of a goalscorer at Anfield as an major hole in Rodgers’ set-up.
And for just €10m. That seems like a major bargain by anyone’s standards.
See the Gazzetta Dello Sport article linking Wesley Sneijder to Liverpool below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]