Once again, Cristiano Ronaldo is under the spotlight following an incident in the 1-1 Real Madrid draw with Real Betis on Sunday night.
As the image above proves, this is not the first time this season that Ronaldo has come under the microscope for behaviour that could well have seen the Portuguese superstar sent off.
Ronaldo has been yellow carded twice this season for Real Madrid in La Liga but has not been sent off.
Not one of those yellow cards came due to any of the five incidents that are highlighted below.
However, in recent months, his behaviour has been questionable at best.
It is also clear, that Ronaldo’s angry moments come in close succession, with two in November and two in January.
Originally, these incidents were thought to illustrate Ronaldo’s frustration with coach Rafa Benitez but with Zinedine Zidane now safely installed, what is the excuse now?
The five aggressive incidents involving Cristiano Ronaldo are listed below.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Las Palmas midfielder David Simon, October 31, 2015. The Portuguese superstar was spotted kicking out at opponent David Simon in an incident that went unseen by the officials.
2. Did Cristiano Ronaldo throw a punch at Sevilla’s Grzegorz Krychowiak? November 7, 2015. Video footage emerged from the first half of Real Madrid’s defeat that appears to show Cristiano Ronaldo throw a punch at Sevilla’s Grzegorz Krychowiak.
3. Ronaldo elbowed Dani Alves during El Clasico, November 21, 2015. In the first half of Real Madrid’s crushing 4-0 home defeat to Barcelona, Ronaldo was lucky not to even be booked for what looked a pretty clear elbow on the Brazilian defender.
4. Cristiano Ronaldo kicked out v Sporting Gijon’s Cases January 17, 2016.. Then feigned injury, then pretended it was accidental. Afterwards, Ronaldo incredibly acted as if it was an accident, saying “I didn’t do it on purpose. If I’d done it on purpose, he wouldn’t have gotten up afterwards.”
5. Ronaldo kicks out at Real Betis defender Francisco Molinero, January 24, 2016. Francisco Molinero complained about Cristiano Ronaldo’s “ugly gesture” as he kicked him during the match: “It was an ugly gesture by Ronaldo to kick out with his leg. If the referee sees it, it’s an act of aggression. I also give out fouls, I am not a saint, but the ball has to be there. Without the ball it is undue.”