Manchester United have been linked with the Dane for some time.
Heading into the summer, Hojlund appeared to be a back-up option amid links to the likes of Harry Kane and Victor Osimhen.
But with said players proving too expensive for United, their focus has firmly switched to signing Hojlund.
Fabrizio Romano has now provided an update on Hojlund on Wednesday, confirming that Manchester United have agreed a five-year deal with the player, and that an official bid from United is expected this week:
“United know that a new striker is something important. The priority target remains Rasmus Hojlund – as I said last week, they have agreed personal terms with the player,” Romano said.
“We’re still waiting for them to submit an official opening bid to Atalanta, but they will not over-pay. They will pay what they believe is a correct fee, and my understanding is that they could start negotiations around a fee of something like £55-60m. We will see soon what is the value of the bid, but Man United will bid for Hojlund for sure, and it’s expected to be this week.
“Paris Saint-Germain remain in the race as they keep speaking to Hojlund’s camp, but Man United are the favourites as they agreed personal terms with Hojlund – he’s said yes to a five-year contract at Old Trafford, with the option of a further season.”