Southampton & Quincy Promes
The January transfer window started with a bang for Southampton as Virgil van Dijk joined Liverpool in a 75 million pound deal.
Southampton have added striker Guido Carrillo to their squad towards the end of last week.
Carrillo, a 26-year-old Argentine attacker, has joined for 19 million pounds from Monaco.
Carrillo scored 20 goals in over 50 appearances for Monaco, however he failed to lock down a first team slot this season.
But Southampton aren’t stopping there.
Dutch international Quincy Promes appears to be on the verge of a move to St Mary’s from Spartak Moscow.
According to reports Southampton are in line to break their club transfer record on Promes. It’s believed Promes could cost as much as 30 million pounds.
‘90% chance of Quincy Promes happening’
On Monday morning the Times had an update on Southampton’s Quincy Promes deal.
Saints fans were told their is a 90% chance of the Promes transfer coming to fruition. Readers are told:
Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur scouted the winger several years ago and he has scored an average of a goal every two games for Spartak. He was released by Ajax at 16 and has played for Holland. Southampton also want a centre back.
Spartak make Sofiane Hanni moves
On Monday, France Football have revealed that Anderlecht midfielder Sofiane Hanni is now being targeoted by Spartak Moscow.
It’s been reported that Spartak are in advanced talks over personal terms with Anderlecht attacking midfielder Hanni.
Putting two and two together, Spartak seem to be moving for Hanni to pave the the way for Quincy Promes to join Southampton.
Southampton are back in action on Wednesday night when they take on Brighton in the Premier League.