Sam Allardyce has given his first interview since being sacked by Everton and has admitted that he had already prepared himself a few days before.
The Englishman guided Everton from 13th to 8th in his 6-month tenure at the club which on the face of it, isn’t bad.
Though, when you look at the performances and the long-term ambitions of the club, his sacking was justified.
His defensive football won over hardly any fans at Goodison as they wanted someone exciting, looking to take the club forward rather than settle for being the best of the rest.
Though, some pundits and football fans feel that his sacking was unjustified and should have been given a chance.
Now, Sam Allardyce has responded by claiming that he knew he time might be up due to the reports in the days leading up to his sacking.
He even admitted that he prepared himself for the meeting which would be his final, but did express his disappointment in the news being leaked.
‘I’m surprised how it came about. It seemed to be done and dusted through the media before I met Farhad,’ he told talkSPORT this morning, as cited by the Daily Mail.
‘I think it was out there in the open for a couple of days. That leaves you with the certainty of what was going to happen.
‘It was slightly disappointing. Who was involved in that I couldn’t tell you, but something as delicate as that is something you want to be confidential.’
‘I think when it’s so open in the press, from the day before, it was highly unlikely it was going to be anything else.
‘I prepared myself for what was being said by the press a couple of days before.
‘My meeting with Farhad was amicable. We conducted ourselves amicably but I expressed a disappointment with how it got out. I accept it and move on.’
| Sam Allardyce has left his role as manager.
— Everton (@Everton) May 16, 2018