Newcastle United takeover is still on & Steve Bruce is fed up with watching MasterChef

Newcastle United takeover is still on

What’s going on with Newcastle United’s takeover?

Why haven’t the Saudi’s been announced as the club’s new owners already?

Are the Premier League actually going to shut this buyout down?

It’s been weeks since Newcastle fans were told that the  Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund were prepared to pay Mike Ashley 300 million pounds for the club.

Last week, the big update was that pressure was being ramped up on the Premier League to shoot down the deal.

The Saudis stand accused of running pirate broadcasting company BeoutQ, which is based in Cuba, who air Premier League matches in the Gulf without any legal rights.

However, despite these commercial objections, according to the latest updates, the Newcastle takeover is still a goer.

Reporter Alan Nixon has told his followers that, while the Premier League continue to “shuffle a few more papers”, the deal still appears to be on.

Similarly, the Athletic’s George Caulkin continues to tell his followers to be patient and positive, adding the Saudis have “signed the contract!”

In less verified news, former Newcastle defender Olivier Bernard has told the Football Matters show that he’d heard the deal might be announced today:

I’ve heard it’s happening tomorrow [Tuesday]. I hope it is. I’ve had enough of it! Hopefully it will be official.

Steve Bruce is fed up with watching MasterChef

Newcastle United are returning to training this week as the Premier League ramp up their efforts to restart the 2019-20 season.

To mark the occasion, Newcastle have posted a short video from manager Steve Bruce on Twitter.

Bruce revealed his thoughts on how football would help the morale of the nation if it manages to come back. He said:

How good would it be to see a couple of Premier League games, rather than a cookery programme?

No disrespect to cookery and quiz games. But I think we’re all fed up with these MasterChefs and these quiz programmes.

However, Bruce has previously also voiced his concern at restarting Premier League football too early.

In a recent interview in the Telegraph, Bruce outlined his concerns about players’ fitness, arguing that the league shouldn’t resume for some time yet:

You have to remember that they have had eight weeks off and that is probably the longest break some of these players have had in their careers.

We need enough preparation time to get these players into shape or they are just going to fall down like a pack of cards. Most of the managers have the same concerns.

We would need at least six weeks. I don’t see how we can play games until the back end of June.

 

Also see: Best Netflix, Amazon & YouTube football documentaries & movies to watch during coronavirus isolation

9 best football documentaries to watch on ESPN+ during COVID-19 quarantine


This article was edited by Ben Green.

Live streaming: Featured matches on Sunday July 12, 2020
GameTimePrediction/Live ScoreHow to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal FC43'1-1📺
AFC Bournemouth vs Leicester City12 July, 19:00 (In 2 hours)0-2📺
FC Sevilla vs RCD Mallorca12 July, 21:00 (In 4 hours)2-0📺
SSC Napoli vs AC Milan12 July, 20:45 (In 4 hours)2-2📺

101 Great Goals provides ways to watch and bet on football matches. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.