As per a breaking report from James Ducker of the Telegraph, Manchester United have ended their pursuit of Juventus star Paulo Dybala.
Dybala – Lukaku swap
The biggest talking point across the European media over the last week has surrounded a potential blockbuster swap deal between Juventus and Man United.
The transfer in question would see Romelu Lukaku make the move to Turin, in exchange for Paulo Dybala.
Claims have mounted of late, meanwhile, that an agreement between the two clubs is essentially in place.
In addition, Lukaku is said to have agreed to wages worth 9 million Euro-per-year to make the move to Turin.
The one major sticking point, however, remains Dybala.
Argentine attacker Dybala has long been rumoured to have serious reservations over the possibility of joining United, with Miguel Delaney of the Independent having suggested that the 25-year-old remains skeptical regarding the Red Devils’ ability to return to the very top of European football.
United ‘pull plug’
As such, to this point, La Joya’s future has remained very much up in the air.
As per the aforementioned update courtesy of James Ducker of the Telegraph, though, Dybala will not be plying his trade at Old Trafford next season.
It is claimed that the Red Devils have come to the definitive decision to pull out of a deal for the Juve star.
This comes amid question marks over Dybala’s desire to play for the club.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to want to reinforce his squad only with players who are fully committed to the United cause.
In addition, the Argentine’s ‘huge wage demands exorbitant agents’ fees and image rights’ also played a key role in the Manchester giants’ decision to drop their interest.
Ducker’s report, meanwhile, comes fresh on the back of claims throughout the Italian media that Dybala is expected back at Juventus tomorrow morning for medical tests, ahead of joining up with Maurizio Sarri’s squad for pre-season training.
Paulo #Dybala continua a prendere tempo. Domani visite mediche e allenamento con la #Juventus. La Joya ha ribadito stamane al suo agente Antun di voler restare a Torino. Paratici spinge invece per la cessione (con plusvalenza da oltre 70mln) al #ManchesterUnited. #transfers #MUFC
— Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) August 4, 2019
— Massimiliano Nerozzi (@MaxNerozzi) August 4, 2019