Man City ease past West Ham
Manchester City took on West Ham United in a Premier League clash on Wednesday evening.
The tie was originally supposed to take place on February 9th, but was cancelled due to bad weather in the UK.
Heading into the tie, City didn’t have an awful lot to play for, as they were already well clear of 5th place, and have little to no hope of catching table-topping Liverpool.
As for David Moyes’ side, they needed at least a point to move out of the relegation zone.
That didn’t happen, though, as the Sky Blues controlled the game from the get-go.
Rodri eventually opened the scoring for Man City in the 30th minute, with Kevin De Bruyne adding City’s second 62 minutes in.
The final whistle blew with City boasting a staggering 78% of the possession, whilst the Hammers didn’t even muster up a single effort on target.
Highlights: Man City 2-West Ham 0
Guardiola on Man City future
After the tie, rather unsurprisingly, Man City’s recent Champions League ban was a talking point.
In the wake of the ban, the Telegraph reported that Pep Guardiola will consider his future as manager in the summer, unless the club is able to overturn their sanction.
However, after what the Spaniard said post-West Ham, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
When asked if he will stay regardless of the outcome of the appeal against UEFA’s ban, Guardiola stated:
“If they don’t sack me I will be here. I love this club. I like to be here. This is my club and I will be here, no matter.
“The club has to fight and I trust the club 100%, what they have done and they have explained to me.
“This situation is not finished and we will wait but until the resolution is not done you have to play and play and that is what is going to happen.” As quoted by BBC Sport.
Guardiola said earlier this season that he is ‘100%’ staying at Man City next season, and whilst some people may have assumed that his stance had changed after the ban, it doesn’t appear to have.