Wilfried Zaha & Everton
On Monday evening, Sky Sports claimed that Everton had made another attempt at signing Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.
Sky Sports told their huge audience that “Everton have made second bid to Crystal Palace for winger Wilfried Zaha of £55 million plus duo Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy.”
BREAKING: Everton have made second bid to Crystal Palace for winger Wilfried Zaha of £55million plus duo Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) July 29, 2019
Previously, rumours circled that Palace made an £8 million offer for McCarthy.
At the same time, it’s worth noting that Arsenal were said to have previously tabled an offer of £55 million plus Reiss Nelson for Zaha. Palace rejected that offer.
Everton vs Sky Sports
However, as reported by the Telegraph’s Chris Bascombe, Everton have rubbished Sky Sports’ latest Zaha update.
According to Everton, Sky’s latest transfer story was fabricated. The Toffees issued a strong statement against the broadcaster, which read:
Everton Football Club categorically denies that a bid has been submitted to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha that included an increased sum plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy.
Everton and Crystal Palace have a very good relationship. A bid was made over the weekend which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter.
EFC statement: ‘Everton categorically denies bid has been submitted to C.Palace for Zaha that included increased sum plus Tosun/McCarthy. EFC & Crystal Palace have very good relationship. Bid was made over weekend which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was end of matter.”
— Chris Bascombe (@_ChrisBascombe) July 29, 2019
It’s worth noting that the Evening Standard on Monday claimed that Zaha is set to remain at Crystal Palace in 2019-20.
Crystal Palace begin the new Premier League season on August 10th, with a home match against Everton.
Idrissa Gueye’s PSG transfer timetable
The Telegraph’s Chris Bascombe has also reported on Idrissa Gueye’s probable move to PSG.
Gueye could complete his Goodison Park exit today, as Everton fans are told:
Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye’s £30 million move to Paris Saint-Germain is set to go through after he passed a medical with the French champions.
Gueye spent Monday in Paris after a fee was agreed, Everton permitting the 29 year-old to complete the transfer. A deal could be announced on Tuesday.
|Game||Time||Prediction/Live Score||How to Watch|
101 Great Goals provides ways to watch and bet on football matches. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.