Chelsea celebrate Cesc Fabregas winner at Swansea

Cesc Fabregas confirms Chelsea plans amid January exit talk

Cesc will stay

Cesc Fabregas has confirmed he will stay at Chelsea this January.

The player is free to talk to other clubs, with his contract running out at the end of the season.

Chelsea are yet to offer him a new deal, and it remains to be seen if he will eventually leave.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Winter is here people

A post shared by Cesc Fàbregas (@cescf4bregas) on


However, amidst talk of a move to AC Milan, Cesc has admitted that his immediate future is with Chelsea.

Standard Sport report he said: “No, I haven’t spoken to anyone. Obviously in January I can sign with whoever I want (a pre-contract agreement for the summer) and probably this will attract many clubs. 

“But so far, from what I can say right now, yes I will stay here until the end of the season. I play at Stamford Bridge, I’m happy, but of course every player wants to play more.”

BURNLEY, ENGLAND – OCTOBER 28: N’golo Kante of Chelsea arrives outside the stadium prior to the Premier League match between Burnley FC and Chelsea FC at Turf Moor on October 28, 2018 in Burnley, United Kingdom. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)

Kante issues with Sarri

One thing that has raised eyebrows at the club of late is N’Golo Kante’s position.

Manager Maurizio Sarri has played him further forward this season.


Given Kante is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, that’s certainly a strange decision.

It could however allow for Fabregas to get more time on the field.

Eventually, Jorginho is going to need a rest or will pick up injuries and suspensions.

Clearly, Sarri does not see Kante in that role, meaning Cesc could be the second pick.

See also: Good for Man United: Jose Mourinho update on David De Gea contract

Arsenal told to move for Man United’s Anthony Martial

Get notified!
About the best football betting tips from industry experts!
Thank you!