As per a report from Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb, AS Roma have rejected an offer from Arsenal for starlet Cengiz Under.
Under, a 21-year-old winger, is regarded as one of the finest young talents in Serie A.
The Turkish international made the move to the Stadio Olimpico from İstanbul Başakşehir in the summer of 2017.
At the time, Roma were rumoured to have beaten off interest from some of European football’s biggest clubs in securing a deal for the fleet-footed wide-man.
And, after enduring a difficult start to life in the Italian capital, Under has since gone on to establish himself as one of Roma’s key men.
Having failed to find the net once during his first half-season on the books of Roma, the Turk exploded onto the scene with a string of sensational displays following the turn of the year, even notching 5 goals over the space of 4 fixtures between the 4th and 21st of February.
All told, Under racked up 8 goals and 2 assists across all competitions last season.
Arsenal knocked back
And the 10-time capped international has since enjoyed an equally-solid start to the current campaign. Between Serie A and the Champions League, Under has directly contributed to 9 goals for Roma.
| GOAL! |
What a HIT! ☄️
— Eleven Sports (@ElevenSports_UK) December 2, 2018
As such, fresh links between the Roma prodigy and some of the Premier League’s heavyweights over the last couple of months have come as little surprise.
And, after the Mirror stated last week that Tottenham had seen a bid of around 33 million Euro knocked back for Under, Tuttomercatoweb have this evening suggested that Spurs’ North London rivals Arsenal have seen an offer of their own also turned down.
The Gunners’ opening bid is said to have been worth a fee in the same region as that of Tottenham’s, at 32 million Euro.
TMW maintain, however, that Under’s asking price stands at no less than 50 million Euro.