AC Milan ready 40 million Euro loan bid for Chelsea & Man United target Milinkovic-Savic

As per a report from Italian outlet La Stampa this morning, rebuilding Serie A giants AC Milan are readying a bizarre 40 million Euro loan offer, with option to buy, for in-demand Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Explosive performer

Milinkovic-Savic, a 23-year-old Serbian international, arrived at Lazio from Genk in the summer of 2015 with weighty expectations on his young shoulders.

He initially struggled to adapt to life in the Italian capital, but began to find his feet midway through his first season, before announcing himself onto the world stage with a number of phenomenal performances for Simone Inzaghi’s men both during the 2016/17 campaign and this past season.

His incredible engine and eye for goal led a number of Serie A sides to express an interest in Savic’s services last summer, but Biancocelesti President Claudio Lotito proved characteristically stubborn during negotiations.

In-demand

In addition, rumours began to circulate towards the end of the summer that interest in Savic, who notched 14 goals across all competitions last season, spanned beyond the confines of Italy, with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola named as a huge admirer of the talents of the all-action Serbian star.

These reports were subsequently backed by a number of Italian media outlets, who previously claimed that City were ready to launch a big-money bid for Savic this summer.

Get notified!
About the best football betting tips from industry experts!
Thank you!

However, the Citizens subsequently switched their attentions to Napoli star Jorginho (who they have since missed out on to Chelsea), suggesting that Guardiola is in the market for a more deep-lying midfielder, rather than an attack-minded one like Savic.

NAPLES, ITALY – NOVEMBER 01: Jorginho of SSC Napoli line up before the UEFA Champions League group F match between SSC Napoli and Manchester City at Stadio San Paolo on November 1, 2017 in Naples, Italy. (Photo by Francesco Pecoraro/Getty Images)

Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Juventus have since been named as the front-runners in the race for Savic, with Real viewed as the most likely destination, with Los Blancos no doubt on the lookout for a high-profile signing or two following Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure.

San Siro switch?

But, as per the aforementioned report from La Stampa this morning, a new suitor, in the form of AC Milan, are said to have emerged in the hunt for Savic’s services.

The Rossoneri recently added the signatures of Mattia Caldara and Gonzalo Higuain to the club’s squad for next season, with new sporting director Leonardo reportedly far from finished in terms of additions.

And, if La Stampa are to be believed, then Milinkovic-Savic, long said to be a ‘dream’ signing for the Milanese giants, is the man being targeted to add some much-needed firepower to the Diavolo’s midfield.

With Financial Fair Play regulations to work around, though, the imminent bid on the part of Milan for Lazio’s star man is touted as a massive 40 million Euro loan, with an option to buy next summer for 80 million Euro.

If such an offer is to arrive, it is widely expected to be rejected, though.

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri makes transfer demand

Aston Villa vs Jorge Mendes & Tottenham’s Jack Grealish update