Hiroshima deny Adelaide in the AFC Champions League; Bunyodkor lose at home to Zob Ahan; Kashima and Jeonbuk progress; Al Ittihad & Al Hilal down UAE rivals

Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1 – Adelaide United 0 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Champions League debutants Sanfrecce Hiroshima kept their qualification hopes alive as Japan striker Hisato Sato scored the only goal on the stroke of half-time to edge out Adelaide.

Bunyodkor 0 – Zob Ahan 1 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) A shocking fumble from the home keeper allowed Mohammad-Reza Khalatbari to tap in the only goal of the game after 30 minutes. Rivaldo saw red for Bunyodkor midway through the second half.

Al Ahli 2 – Al-Hilal 3 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Yasser Al Qahtani headed home the first goal for the visitors in the 10th minute of the first half and Christian Wilhelmsson doubled the scoreline five minutes later. Ahmed Khalil and Cesar scored to pull Al Ahli level, before a stoppage-time strike from former Spurs defender Lee Young-pyo saw Al Hilal snatch a dramatic 3-2 win.

Persipura 1 – Kashima Antlers 3 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Kashima opened the scoring today after just one minute through Yasushi Endo. Yustinus Pae gave Persipura brief hope of an upset with a 19th minute equaliser, but Shinzo Korogi responded for Kashima seven minutes later. Atsuto Uchida sealed the win 11 minutes before the break as Kashima secured a fourth consecutive appearance in the knockout stage.

Jeonbuk FC 1 – Changchun Yatai 0 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Former Middlesbrough striker Lee Dong-gook skipped past two defenders outside the area before curling home a superb effort 10 minutes after the break.

Mes Kerman 3 – Al Sadd 1 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Eder Luciano, Ali Samareh and Paulo Zaltron were on the scoreboard for the Iranian side after Al Sadd had taken an early lead through Khalfan al-Khalfan.

Al-Ittihad 4 – Al-Wahda 0 (AFC Champions League, March 30, 2010) Saud Khariri scored twice either side of goals from Abdelmalik Ziaya and Sultan Al Numare in the first 32 minutes at the Prince Abdullah Al Faisal Stadium. Ziaya’s second was the pick of the goals after 19 minutes as the midfielder spectacularly found the net from 35-yards before Al Numare killed off the contest 13 minutes before the break with a clever overhead-kick inside the six-yard area.