Changchun hit Persipura for nine; Seongnam win in Melbourne; Kashima & Bunyodkor win away; Al Gharafa down Al Ahli

Chanchung Yatai 9 – Persipura Jayapura 0 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Gao Jian and Johnny Woodly Lambert both fired hat-tricks as Changchun followed up an opening Champions League defeat at Kashima Antlers in emphatic fashion as they thumped the hapless Indonesians.

Melbourne Victory 0 – Seongnam Ilhwa 2 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Sasa Ogenovski’s 40th minute goal and Yun Young-sun’s late effort sealed a second consecutive victory for Korean outfit Seongnam. Melbourne are yet to get off the mark in this season’s competition.

Kawasaki Frontale 1 – Beijing Guoan 3 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Joel Griffiths scored in the 36th minute to give Beijing a 1-0 lead but Kosuke Kikuchi leveled just four minutes later from a corner. With the snow coming down hard, Wang Changqing came off the bench the turn the match at the break as he gave Beijing the lead in the 65th minute with a tidy sidefooted effort fro 16-yards, and he put the game out of reach with lovely lob four minutes from time.

Jeonbuk 1 – Kashima Antlers 2 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Jeonbuk opened the scoring four minutes before half-time through their Brazilian star Eninho, who made the most of his chances after being put through by former Boro flop Lee Dong-Gook. Koji Nakata struck the equaliser in the 70th minute after latching on to a cross from Gabriel before Yasushi Endo prodded home a last-minute winner for Kashima.

Al-Gharafa 3 – Al Ahli 2 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Al Gharafa took the lead after just two minutes at Al Gharafa Stadium through Mohammed Al Zaini only for a deflected shot from Brazilian playmaker Marcinho to pull the visitors level on the stroke of halftime. Abdulrahim Mustafa handed Sergio Farias’s side the lead just after the hour mark, but after substitute Al Shammari equalised, Araujo struck with nine minutes remaining as Al Gharafa maintained their 100% record in the competition.

Al Wahda 1 – Bunyodkor 2 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010) Denilson struck in either half to seal the win as last year’s quarter-finalists built on their opening round victory over Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad. Saeed Al Kathiri pulled a goal back for Al Wahda with a minute remaining, but it was not enough as Josef Hickersberger’s side suffered a second consecutive defeat.

Al Ittihad 2 – Zob Ahan 2 (Asian Champions League, March 9, 2010)