We begin with an announcement.
We usually start the top goals of the week up-side-down by paying attention to the top bloopers from the last week in football. No Longer.
Instead we’ve now decided to separate the bloopers out into their own weekly post, which this week can be seen here.
So, quicker than usual, it’s onto the list where it’s proven very difficult to select the ten best strikes of the week. And referring to just ten goals is a bit of a fudge to begin with as, thanks to two crackers in the Aston Villa-Feyenoord match, it’s really eleven goals.
Of those missing out, Carlos Martin, Douglas Costa and Wellington Paulista probably have the biggest grounds for complaint.
1. Samuel Wowoah (Orebro v Elfsborg, July 27, 2010)
2. Sergio Canales (England U19 Spain U19, July 28, 2010)
3. Matheus (Braga v Celtic, July 28, 2010)
4. Jaouad Zairi (Olympiakos v Maccabi Tel Aviv, July 29, 2010)
5. Marcos Aurelio (Vila Nova v Coritiba, July 30, 2010)
6. Sebastien Le Toux (Philadelphia Union v New England Revolution, July 31, 2010)
7. Marc Albrighton & Steve Sidwell (Aston Villa v Feyenoord, July 31, 2010)
8. Cristiano Biraghi (Inter Milan v Manchester City, July 31, 2010)
9. Rodriguinho (Gremio Prudente v Santos, August 1, 2010)
10. Raul Gonzalez (Bayern Munich v Schalke, August 1, 2010)
Just missing the list were goals from Keko, Carlos Martins, Luis Suarez, Cleo, Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverley, Victor Sanchez, Bojan Zajic, Olivier Giroud, Milos Trifunovic, Sergey Simonenko, Douglas Costa, Taras Mikhalik, Max Gradel, Michel Bastos and Wellington Paulista.