VIDEO: Ramsey’s horror injury overshadows Arsenal win at Stoke; 9-man Chelsea crumble as Manchester City hit four at the Bridge

Stoke 1 – Arsenal 3 (Premier League, February 27, 2010) (MOTD highlights here.) Arsenal let in yet another goal to a Rory Delap throw (their fourth in total), Danny Pugh scoring at the back post after only eight minutes after Shawcross had won the initial header. Just after the half hour a cross from Arsenal captain Fabregas was met by a fine header from Nicklas Bendtner to square the match up at 1-1. (First half highlights here.) On 66 minutes, in an incident eerily similar to Eduardo’s injury at Birmingham, Ryan Shawcross launched a shocking challenge on Aaron Ramsey to leave his right leg in a terrible state. Shawcross received a red card and Ramsey was stretchered off. Unlike at Birmingham two years ago, Arsenal went on to win the game. Cesc Fabregas scoring a penalty after a Pugh handball and then tapping his foot three times (for three horrible tackles on Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey during his time in English football). Thomas Vermaelen added the third during the seven minutes of injury time from a fine cut back by Fabregas to give Arsene Wenger’s side a huge win. The post match interview with Cesc Fabregas can be seen here.

Chelsea 2 – Manchester City 4 (Premier League, February 27, 2010) (MOTD highlights here.) The action started even before the kick-off and the cameras focused in on the tense non-handshake between John Terry and Wayne Bridge in the customary opening. Chelsea dominated the majority of the first half against City with the visitors offering no real goal threat whatsoever, but it took the Pensioners until the 41st minute to break the deadlock when Joe Cole played in Frank Lampard who scored from 10-yards. Incredibly Chelsea then imploded with a horror goal on the stroke of halftime, Obi Mikel fluffed a header from a long hoof which allowed Carlos Tevez to turn Terry before twisting Carvalho inside-out and slipping a tame trickling shot agonisingly past Hilario’s hand. (First half highlights here.) Five minutes after the restart City fans went berserk when Craig Bellamy picked up the ball on the halfway-line, took on a frightened looking Obi Mikel with ease before placing another soft strike past Hilario. The mistakes kept coming for Chelsea 15 minutes from time when sub Belletti lost the ball to Barry who raced into the box, fell, Belletti saw red, and Carlos Tevez made no mistake to claim a magical third for City. Ancelotti then had to watch Michael Ballack lose his head and take down Tevez from behind to leave Chelsea with nine men. City cashed in on Chelsea’s humiliation by adding a fourth as Tevez freed Wright-Phillips to race into the box and he fed Bellamy for his second. Lampard scored a consolation penalty as the match moved into injury time. (Second half highlights here.) A Sky Sports montage after the game can be seen here.