VIDEO: Man City refuse to lose at Scunthorpe; Super Stoke dump Arsenal out the FA Cup; Villa beat Brighton

Scunthorpe 2 – Manchester City 4 (FA Cup 4th round, January 24, 2010) (Longer highlights: First-half, Second-half) Scunthorpe’s dreams of a cupset were knocked after just three minutes by City, the Citizens showed all their Premier League class stringing together around 20 passes, Robinho finally slipping a ball wide to Martin Petrov who skipped passed his defender and sent a screamer into the top corner. The minnows pulled deservedly level midway through the half when Paul Hayes (offside) collected a ball over the top following a corner and the striker found the net. Scunny’s parity disintegrated just before the break when Stephen Ireland played in Nedum Onuoha who toe-poked home City’s second. Just before the hour City opened up a 2-goal lead when Sylvinho hit a 30-yard ripper that whizzed past Murphy for his first goal in English football in nearly a decade. Scunny roared back into the game with 20 minutes remaining, a long throw from Togwell wasn’t cleared by City and Cliff Byrne’s prodded shot took a deflection off Dedryck Boyata’s leg and into the net. But there was no comeback as Robinho, playing potentially his final match for City, starting and finished a move to cut through the home defence and claim a fourth.

Stoke 3 – Arsenal 1 (FA Cup 4th round, January 24, 2010) (Longer highlights: First-half, Second-half) Arsenal would have been all too aware of the threat of Stoke’s throw-in master Rory Delap, but poor defending in the north Londoners backline failed to cut out the Irishman’s first effort to hurl the ball into the box and Ricardo Fuller headed home after one minute and twenty seconds. Stoke went on to bully the young Gunners out of the match, but from their first real effort on goal in the 42nd minute Cesc rolled a free-kick to Denilson and his tame shot dribbled into the near post for the equaliser. (First half highlights here.) As the final 15 minutes ticked over, and after Wenger had made a triple substitution in search of a winner, Stoke took the lead for the second time when a powerful run from Sidibie down the right, capped by a brilliant cross, was finished by Ricardo Fuller heading in his second of the match. The nail in the Gunners coffin arrived four minutes from time when Etherington played a delicious pass into the box that Dean Whitehead gobbled up to complete the cupset.

Aston Villa 3 – Brighton 2 (FA Cup 4th round, January 23, 2010) Brighton were level at half-time after Tommy Elphick had cancelled out Nathan Delfouneso’s early opener before Villa regained the lead early in the second period through Ashley Young. Fabian Delph scored Villa’s third before the evergreen Nicky Forster provided the travelling contingent with a late cheer by netting Brighton’s second.