VIDEO: Hammers sink Pompey; Fulham hold Spurs; Fellaini rescues Everton at Sunderland; Burnley-Bolton stalemate

West Ham 2 – Portsmouth 0 (Premier League, December 26, 2009) (Longer highlights here and MOTD highlights here.) West Ham are celebrating putting some daylight between themselves and basement club Portsmouth after this Boxing Day victory courtesy of a first half penalty from Alessandro Diamanti (3 goals in 3 games) and a late Radoslav Kovac header.

Fulham 0 – Tottenham 0 (Premier League, December 26, 2009) (Longer highlights here and MOTD highlights here.) Spurs had Heurelho Gomes to thank for keeping them in contention with the Brazilian keeper making a string of fine saves. In the second half alone he kept out goal-bound efforts from Clint Dempsey and Bobby Zamora, while Damien Duff and Zoltan Gera also went close. Spurs had their chances though, Peter Crouch forcing Schwarzer into a smart save in the final 10 minutes.

Sunderland 1 – Everton 1 (Premier League, December 26, 2009) (MOTD highlights here.) The Black Cats struck just after the quarter hour against Everton, Darren Bent beat Heitinga in the air and to knock the ball out wide to Kenwyne Jones on the right, the striker raced down the wing before swinging a cross back over to Bent to nod home his 11th league goal of the season. Just as it looked like the Toffees would lose once again after going behind, Hibbert’s deep right-wing cross was headed on by a defender and Marouane Fellaini drilled home the leveller from six yards.

Burnley 1 – Bolton 1 (Premier League, December 26, 2009) (MOTD highlights here.) Bolton struck first at Burnley through Matty Taylor superb free-kick, the goal-scorer running the length of the pitch to celebrate with the visiting fans. The Clarets equalised 11 minutes after the break when an Elliot cross was converted by David “the Nuge” Nugent and Burnley were unfortunate not to claim all three points in the final stages.

Wigan 1 – Blackburn 1 (Premier League, December 26, 2009) (MOTD highlights here.) Latics started well but it was Rovers who found themselves in front on the half-hour mark when Keith Andrews’ floated free-kick was headed back across goal by Ryan Nelsen and Benni McCarthy pounced to side foot home from close range. Wigan rallied after the break, N’Zogbia supplied a fine cross from the left and Hugo Rodallega met the ball at the far post to head back across goal into the corner and beyond Paul Robinson.