Cardiff top; Boro hit 4; Rising Hull sink Leeds; Ipswich win 2-0 at Wolves; Watford bash Brighton; Foxes beat Burnley; Palace draw 2-2 at Forest

Hull 2 – Leeds 0 (Championship, December 29, 2012) (Extended highlights) Hull had to wait until Corry Evans drilled a low angled shot across Paddy Kenny in the second half to break the visitors’ resistance. David Meyler’s header from Robbie Brady’s corner sealed the win.

Wolves 0 – Ipswich 2 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Mick McCarthy enjoyed his Molineux return as Richard Cresswell and DJ Campbell found the net in Ipswich’s 2-0 win at Wolves.

Brighton 1 – Watford 3 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Troy Deeney broke the deadlock after the break for the Hornets but David Lopez equalised from the penalty spot after Kazenga LuaLua was pushed over. Czech striker Vydra restored Watford’s lead with a deflected shot within three minutes, while Vydra raced clear for his second goal a minute later to seal victory.

Burnley 0 – Leicester 1 (Championship, December 29, 2012) David Nugent netted his seventh goal of the season to keep the Foxes fifth in the table.

Bolton 3 – Birmingham 1 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Nikola Zigic had given Birmingham the lead with an early header. But the hosts hit back to lead by half-time with goals from Marcos Alonso and Lee Chung-yong. A second-half penalty from Keith Andrews settled the game and Zigic then saw red as Birmingham’s three-match unbeaten run came to an end.

Bristol City 4 – Peterborough 2 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Paul Anderson opened the scoring for the home side, before Lee Tomlin was sent off for Posh after 12 minutes. The visitors equalised through Grant McCann, before Sam Baldock netted his first of the afternoon. A Stephen McManus header and Baldock’s second made it 4-1, before Dwight Gayle scored a consolation.

Huddersfield 0 – Sheffield Wednesday 0 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Referee Mick Russell booked Wednesday midfielder Jeremy Helan twice but failed to send him off as the Terriers drew with their Yorkshire rivals.

Nottingham Forest 2 – Crystal Palace 2 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Glenn Murray gave Palace an early lead from close range, with Andy Reid levelling with a fierce volley on the stroke of half-time. Palace took the lead with nine minutes left when Murray grabbed his second with a looping header. But Billy Sharp pounced on a rebound three minutes into stoppage time to see the Championship clash end all square.

Middlesbrough 4 – Blackpool 2 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Ishmael Miller’s header from a corner and Richard Smallwood’s confident finish from the edge of the box gave the hosts a 2-0 half-time lead. Wes Thomas squeezed a shot inside the near post to pull one back but Scott McDonald drilled in Boro’s third. Chris Basham made it 3-2 but Tom Ince had a penalty saved by Luke Steele before Adam Reach sealed the victory.

Charlton 1 – Derby 1 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Charlton’s winless run now stands at six matches after a Jamie Ward penalty earned Derby a point at The Valley.

Cardiff 1 – Millwall 0 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Rudy Gestede’s early goal was enough to see off visitors Millwall and restore Cardiff’s five-point lead at the top of the Championship.

Barnsley 1 – Blackburn 3 (Championship, December 29, 2012) Josh King opened the scoring for Rovers from close range before a sublime effort by Ruben Rochina made it 2-0. Stephen Dawson reduced the deficit only for Jordan Rhodes to make sure of victory from Jason Lowe’s long ball.