On today’s football grapevine:
– Jeremy Wilson writes how Carlo Ancelotti has triggered speculation that he might take over as Chelsea manager next season by suggesting that he might not stay at AC Milan indefinitely.
– Keeping with Chelsea, Tony Banks pens “Roman Abramovich has ordered Guus Hiddink to draw him up a Â£100 million summer hit list of transfer targets to revolutionise Chelsea â€“ even though the Dutchman may not be there to coach them… On that list are CSKA Moscow and Russia winger Yuri Zhirkov, another CSKA ace in Brazilian Wagner Love, Lyon striker Karim Benzema, Barcelona defender Dani Alves â€“ and the man Abramovich tried and failed to bring in last summer, Manchester Cityâ€™s Â£33m Brazilian star Robinho.”
– the Daily Mail offer some transfer gossip claiming “Arsenal and Manchester City are trailing Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo.”
– Mark Irwin writes “Spurs are lining up a Â£10million summer move for Argentinian striker Diego Milito… Redknapp wants to revive the deal and believes Milito can be lured to White Hart Lane to take over from Darren Bent and Roman Pavlyuchenko.”
– the Mirror claim that “former Tottenham boss Martin Jol plans to raid his old club for youngster Jacques Maghoma.”
– “Nottingham Forest are trying to sign Dexter Blackstock from QPR after missing out on Marlon Harewood” according to the Mirror.
– Tony Banks reports “Didier Drogba is ready to sign a new contract at Chelsea and commit himself to the club.”