- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Vote: Top 10 Goals of the Week (ft Iniesta, Muller, Maresca & Suarez)
It’s Monday, so welcome back for your weekly helping of golazos.
This week’s top 10 starts with an overhead-volley from Germany’s Pokal cup, while the Spanish cup arena served up our second entry with a top corner curler from one of world football’s best midfielders.
The Ukrainian league was the backdrop for a long range free-kick at spot three, the Bundesliga’s goal of the week from the acutest of angles appears at number four, and a terrific surprise-curling free-kick from Poland made the list at five.
Memories of David Platt’s volleyed golazo against Belgium were conjured up by a stunning strike at six, one of the goals of the season – an unstoppable bicycle-kick – takes it place at number seven, while one of the best ever volleys-from-a-corner routine made it mark at eight.
That leaves two: Luis Suarez’s wonderful control and finish against Newcastle, and an unbelievable half-volley from the Russian Premier League.
Enjoy and don’t forget to vote in our poll below!
1. Ciprian Marica (Schalke v Sanhausen, October 30, 2012)
2. Andres Iniesta (Alaves v Barcelona, October 30, 2012)
3. Ruslan Rotan (Dnipro v FC Metalist, November 3, 2012)
4. Thomas Muller (Hamburg v Bayern Munich, November 3, 2012)
5. Liran Cohen (Zaglebie Lubin v Podbeskidzie, November 3, 2012)
6. Roberto Soldado (Valencia v Atletico Madrid, November 3, 2012)
7. Enzo Maresca (Sampdoria v Atalanta, November 4, 2012)
8. Lucas (Karpaty Lviv v Kryvbas, November 4, 2012)
9. Luis Suarez (Liverpool v Newcastle, November 4, 2012)
10. Moussa Konate (Krasnodar v Dinamo Moscow, November 4, 2012)
Narrowly missed: Tomer Suissa, Domenico Criscito, Mike Magee, Roman Bezus, Jorge Velazquez, Silvestre Varela, Santi Cazorla, Bradley Johnson, David Villa, Luiz Adriano, Rasmus Elm, Patrick Ebert, Hernan Barcos, Adam Moffat, Dean Cracknell & Barrie McKay.
- Updated: November 5, 2012