Monday, October 22nd, 2012
If Radamel Falcao failed to get into the top ten goals of the week you know the golazos on offer must be of the highest quality.
Our selection starts with a solo stunner from Man City’s captain whilst representing his country, followed by an incredible who-needs-teammates wonder-goal from Neymar.
A former Boro striker popped up in South Korea with a cracker at spot three, a flying backheel golazo from one of Premier League’s most unassuming players sits at four, while an epically fast halfway-line goal from youth football in Holland slots in at number five.
The second division in Argentina produced a moment of individual magic (check out the nuts!) at six, goal seven gives us our first sombrero-and-volley entry of the top 10, while goal eight delivers a lovely overhead-kick.
That leaves two, both from South America: the second sombrero-and-volley in our list from Peru, and lastly a terrific lob you won’t have seen from Colombia.
Enjoy and don’t forget to vote in our poll below.!
1. Vincent Kompany (Belgium v Scotland, October 16, 2012)
2. Neymar (Santos v Atletico Mineiro, October 17, 2012)
3. Lee Dong-Gook (Ulsan v Jeonbuk Motors, October 17, 2012)
4. Emmerson Boyce (Swansea v Wigan, October 20, 2012)
5. Mo Osman (Sparta U19 v Vitesse U19, October 20, 2012)
6. Rodrigo Alba (Rosario Central v Douglas Haig, October 21, 2012)
7. Elis Bakaj (Chornomorets v Tavriya, October 21, 2012)
8. Luis Tejada (Toluca v Santos Laguna, October 21, 2012)
9. Sergio Almiron (Alianza Lima v Leon de Huanuco, October 21, 2012)
10. Nelson Barahona (Once Caldas v Atletico Huila, October 21, 2012)
Narrowly missed: Juan Arango, Gonzalo Higuain, Gary Cahill, Gonzalo Higuian, Alvaro Recoba, Antonio Candreva, Victor Wanyama, Michel, Johan Elmander, Modibo Maiga, Danny Grainger, Nicklas Helenius, Rodrigo Palacio, Josef Martínez, Jack Jewsbury & Radamel Falcao.