Tuesday, September 4th, 2012
What a helluva week for golazos!
There were so many crackers over the last week of world football which made selecting the top ten was no easy task, nevertheless a solo stonker from Simon Cox made the cut to get the top ten up and running.
A terrific free-kick from Messi forced it’s way into position two, a brilliant no-teammates-needed goal from Samuel Eto’o sits at spot three, while a wonderful volley from Greece is found at number four.
The midway point in the top ten finds an awesome overhead from Israel followed by a trademark dead-ball from Goldenballs, while goal seven serves up a tomahawk of a strike from Rome.
That leaves three: a sensational pirouette volley from Switzerland, arguably the greatest goalie goal ever from the Swiss amateur leagues, and finally a special halfway-line golazo from Spanish youth football.
After pointing out that our list is made in chronological order, we ask you to tell us your preferences by voting for your favourite goal in our poll below.
1. Simon Cox (Nottingham Forest v Wigan, August 28, 2012)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona v Real Madrid, August 29, 2012)
3. Samuel Eto’o (AZ Alkmaar v Anzhi Makhachkala, August 30, 2012)
4. Tomas De Vincenti (Panathinaikos v PAS Giannina, September 1, 2012)
5. Hristijan Kirovski (Ironi Ramat Hasharon v Hapoel Acre, September 1, 2012)
6. David Beckham (LA Galaxy v Vancouver Whitecaps, September 1, 2012)
7. Antonio Candreva (Lazio v Palermo, September 2, 2012)
8. Marco Schneuwly (Thun v Servette, September 1, 2012)
9. Dominique Niederhauser (Genolier-Begnins v Dardania Lausanne, September 2, 2012)
10. Aitor Ruano (UP Plasencia U20 v Atletico Madrid U20, September 2, 2012)
Narrowly missing: Maynor Figueroa, Radamel Falcao, Tiago, Michael Barrantes, Magnus Eriksson, Laszlo Lencse, Luis Fabiano, Andriy Didenko, Radamel Falcao, Darwin Quintero, Gerardo Torrado, Tamas Koltai, Bony Wilfried, Adam Maher, Adriano, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Diego Giaretta, Juninho, Martin Harnik & Hatem Ben Arfa.