Vote: Top 10 Goals of the Week
A wealth of golazos were showered upon us over the past seven days of world football.
Sergio Aguero got the ball rolling with a solo special in Malaysia, and that was followed up by a blinding volley from Uruguay.
The first of our long-rangers appears at spot three in the list as Ribery hit the target from over 50-yards, while goal four supplies a top-quality strike from Liverpool’s much-maligned Stewart Downing.
The long-rangers continue at spot five with a halfway-line cracker from Ligue 2, and that’s followed by an even longer 62-yard lob from the Chinese Super League at sic.
The final four places are filled by a tremendous volley from London 2012, a top-draw free-kick from everyone’s favourite Dutchman in Brazil, a supreme solo stunner from the Dutch Super Cup, and finally a Messi-esque slalom run and finish from the Brazilian top flight.
Enjoy the goals & vote in our poll below.
1. Sergio Aguero (Malaysian XI v Manchester City, July 30, 2012)
2. Juan Bustos Golobio (Uruguay v Deportivo Saprissa, July 30, 2012)
3. Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich v Paulaner, August 1, 2012)
4. Stewart Downing (FC Gomel v Liverpool, August 2, 2012)
5. Yoric Ravet (Clermont v Angers, August 4, 2012)
6. Xu Liang (Beijing Guoan v Dalian Shide, August 4, 2012)
7. Mario Roberto Martinez (Honduras v Brazil, August 4, 2012)
8. Clarence Seedorf (Atletico GO v Botafogo, August 4, 2012)
9. Jeremain Lens (PSV v Ajax, August 5, 2012)
10. Kim (Nautico v Santos, August 5, 2012)
Narrowly missed: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Rogerio Ceni, Robin Ramirez, Christoffer Andersson, Sebastian Varas, Jose Torres, Miguel Layun, Alejandro Guerra, Andriy Yarmolenko (Artem Milevskiy’s incredible assist), Mihai Radut, Waleed Soliman, Felipe Martins, Vu Phong Nguyen, Walter, David Tsoraev, Sergei Kornilenko, Cesar Carranza, Marco Reus & Fikru Tefera.