We start with an announcement.
The end of the 2011-12 football season is upon us… so it’s time for the famous 101 Greatest Goals of the Season list! The list will come out later this week, so make sure to check in for the most-comprehensive golazo compilation on the planet.
(Note: If you’re a video capper and can help put all 101 goals onto one video, please contact us immediately at 101greatgoals at gmail dot com.)
The mass of football matches may be dwindling, but the quality remains lazar-sharp.
A magnificent volley from the MLS starts the ball rolling, followed by Radamel Falcao’s first acrobatic entry of the week during Atletico Madrid’s summer tour of Colombia.
The acrobatics remain on show with a terrific overhead-volley from Austria, goal four keeps it going with an amazing angled bicycle-kick from Argentina, while Radamel Falcao swooped back to the limelight with one of the greatest scissor-kicks (ever?) at spot five.
Six offers a wonderful free-kick from River Plate, seven is another scissors-kick from America, while eight provides a ridiculous volley you won’t have seen from Vietnam.
That leaves two: Joselu’s fantastic backheel golazo for Real Madrid B, and a world-class flick-roll-and-finish from a classy Boca Juniors centre-forward.
You know the drill. Voting is below. Enjoy.
1. Eric Hassli (Vancouver Whitecaps v Toronto FC, May 16, 2012)
2. Radamel Falcao (Millonarios v Atletico Madrid, May 16, 2012)
3. Darko Bodul (Sturm Graz v Austria Vienna, May 17, 2012)
4. Carlos Luna (Tigres v Newell’s Old Boys, May 18, 2012)
5. Radamel Falcao (America de Cali v Atletico Madrid, May 19, 2012)
6. Fernando Cavenaghi (River Plate v Guillermo Brown, May 19, 2012)
7. Alan Gordon (San Jose Earthquakes v Columbus Crew, May 19, 2012)
8. Quoc Phuong Le (Thanh Hoa v Hoang Anh Gia Lai, May 20, 2012)
9. Joselu (Real Madrid B v Cadiz, May 20, 2012)
10. Lucas Viatri (Racing Club v Boca Juniors, May 20, 2012)