- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
- Van Gaal’s very Van Gaal response to being asked about Manchester United’s January transfer policy [Vine]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘It was Santi Cazorla’s turn to take penalty, Alexis Sanchez accepted it’ [Video]
Vote: Top 10 Goals of the Week
A full-on, heavy-duty week of cut-throat football has come to a close, and what we’re left with are another ten unbelievable golazos from across planet earth.
A top corner pile-driver from Tottenham’s Croatian playmaker gets this week’s list started, while the amazing reverse banana-kick goal that will likely be labelled the EPL’s goal of the season rocks up at number two.
Heading to North America we located at 35-yard thunderbolt at spot three, an incredible 50-yard solo dash-and-finish is at four, and number five supplies our first acrobatic effort of the week all the way from Malaysia.
Spot six continues the acrobatics with an overhead blinder from Russia, while Parma’s Atomic Ant blasted home a 30-yard pearler at number seven.
That leaves three: an amazing overhead-kick from Brazil is followed up by another jaw-dropping bicicleta from Argentina, while the top ten finishes with the long-ranger which finally ended the Rossoneri’s Scudetto’s dreams.
If you think we’ve missed a goal please let us know in the comments below, whilst voting for your favourite can be made at the bottom of this post.
Aside from that, just sit back & enjoy!
1. Luka Modric (Bolton v Tottenham, May 2, 2012)
2. Papiss Demba Cisse (2) (Chelsea v Newcastle, May 2, 2012)
3. Fredy Montero (LA Galaxy v Seattle Sounders, May 2, 2012)
4. Hulk (2) (FC Porto v Sporting Lisbon, May 5, 2012)
5. Suppiah Chanturu (Kelantan v Lions XII, May 5, 2012)
6. Kevin Kuranyi (Dynamo Moscow v Lokomotiv Moscow, May 6, 2012)
7. Sebastian Giovinco (Siena v Parma, May 6, 2012)
8. Fred (Fluminense v Botafogo, May 6, 2012)
9. Nicolas Blandi (Atletico Rafaela v Boca Juniors, May 6, 2012)
10. Maicon (Inter Milan v AC Milan, May 6, 2012)
Narrowly missing: Papiss Demba Cisse, Irakli Klimiashvili, Oussama Assaidi, Benat Etxebarria, Diego Souza, Marco Antonio, Angel Reyna, Gaston Ramirez, Wellington Silva, Nestor Vidrio, Eliseu, Lorenzo Insigne, Lazhar Hadj Aissa, Antonio Di Natale, Elvis Manu, Clint Dempsey, Yaya Toure & Giovanni Moreno.
- Updated: May 7, 2012